The rainy season is upon us, and this can put a real damper on a planned date (pun intended). So, why not plan a date with the rain in mind? Here are some great ideas to do when it’s raining!
- Using a large umbrella, go for a walk around a local park or lake in the rain. Feeling adventurous? Forget the umbrella!
- Ten Dollar Mall Challenge – Take the money you would have spent going to dinner or a movie and divide it equally between yourselves. Go to the nearest mall and split up purposing to find the best deal with your ten dollar bill. As an added challenge – the purchase has to be something your spouse would enjoy. Plan to meet at a certain mall location for ice cream to reveal your purchase. For extra fun, decide ahead of time what the winner will receive!
- Go to the library and look for books on topics you both enjoy. If you like to travel, spend the time looking at places you’d love to visit.
- Go bowling. This is a great way to have fun, but still have time to talk. Plus you can’t beat bowling alley hamburgers and fries – simply the best!
- Go to a local pool hall. This is a great sport that anyone can play – and it’s fun to flirt with your spouse around the dimly lit table.
- Personal photo shoot – put the kids to bed early and have fun taking pictures of each other in different outfits and poses; the sillier the clothes the better. Once finished take time to edit your pictures and make a personal album that’s sure to make you smile on rainy days.
- Take your favorite board game, cards or a puzzle to either a coffee shop or bookstore, and spend the evening together. Sit close to a window so you can enjoy the rain from your cozy seat inside.
- Take a drive to the beach and enjoy watching the rain from your car. Put on some romantic music and pack some favorite snacks. You can even purpose to listen to a specific artist, or make your own CD of songs about rain!
- Read a book to each other by candle light. This is especially romantic if it’s lightning outside.
- Play Flashlight tag. This one is simple and is played at home. Turn off all the lights and search for each other using only a flashlight. You can make up your own rules as well as who wins what when found.
- Watch a classic movie like “Singing In The Rain”.
Who says “Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down”? Not anymore – “I hear laughter in the rain!”
What are your rainy date ideas? We would love to add yours to the list – simply scroll down to leave your comments!