This week our letter is a bit more challenging, since very few words actually begin with the letter X, and those that do are scientific or medical terms – hardly the romantic springboard! So we’re going to broaden this letter to include any word containing the letter X. We all know what the most popular word will be – S-E-X! We’re here to help you with the less obvious – enjoy!
- “X” Marks The Spot – plan an eXtravagant treasure hunt and make the treasure eXtra special. Make your own map out of construction paper or computer paper. You can burn the edges to make it look real. Mail it to your spouse with dots leading to places where they’ll find their next clue. The goal is to make it to where the “X” is so they’ll find their treasure. Or you could have someone else plan the hunt and do it together.
- Sixties Date – go to a local diner for dinner and listen to oldies music from the 60’s. Or grill hamburgers at home and set up your own 60’s radio station on Pandora Radio.
- Explain Away – Go to the local mall and make up some cards that have things people would need to explain to you if asked. For instance, find an older couple and ask them to explain how they met. Find someone who looks like they’re enjoying their job and ask them to explain how they got it. The idea is to have fun and learn some things about other people in the process. Be creative and have fun together!
- Exercise together – play a favorite sport, do yoga or go for a brisk walk or run.
- Exhibit – visit a local art gallery to see what’s on display.
- Explode – go to a local shooting gallery or watch a war movie at home.
- X-Box – play one-on-one and make your own romantic rules.
- Plan a ‘You’ve Got Mail‘ (F-O-X) Date. Have the book Pride and Prejudice setting on the dinner table with a long-stemmed red rose. Eat a meal similar to what would be served in a New York restaurant. Give your spouse a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils, and a bouquet of fresh yellow daisies. Watch the movie together.
- Foxtrot – take lessons together.
- Extra Value Meals – have dinner at McDonald’s without the kids. Share a hot fudge sundae.
- Exotic Meal – try fixing an exotic meal or visit a local restaurant serving Thai, Vietnamese or Asian food.
“X” SPECIAL TOUCHES:
- Extra Mile – when your spouse asks you to do something – go overboard in performing it for them. This would be a great way to introduce an X Date Night that’s coming up.
- Sexy lingerie
- Exceed your spouse’s expectations. Plan a date with all their favorites.
- Send your spouse an Extra Special Gift via FedEx to announce your X date night.
- Express your love in an unexpected way