As I write this we are on our way home from Arizona. Although it was hotter than I found comfortable, it was beautiful in so many ways. It has been a trip filled with stories of marriages growing, changing and becoming what God intends for them to be – one day at a time.
Do you think of your marriage in this way? Do you think of it as a living organism always growing and changing – becoming what God has willed? It is true. Look back 5 or 10 years. Your marriage isn’t what it used to be. Hopefully, it is becoming more and more intimate as you honestly share your life and dreams with one another. Maybe you look back and are discouraged. Maybe your relationship hasn’t grown a bit. In fact, maybe you are drifting apart.
The good news is no matter where your relationship is today it doesn’t have to stay there. How do we know? Because God has promised to help us in our weakness. He has promised to help us grow and change. We only need to ask and seek the help from God as well as those we admire in the faith.
If you are reading this and tempted to despair – the very fact that you are reading these words should encourage your soul. God is sovereign, faithful and gently leads His own. This includes you! We’re not sure who this is for, but there is a reason we were compelled to write this encouragement today from our plane 37,000′ somewhere flying over the midwest.
Now for our Happy Hour Special posts of the week. Take some time over the weekend to read these excellent posts of other marriage bloggers we have come to respect. God is using many couples to do what we do day in and day out. All you have to do is read to find the encouragement and help you’re seeking. We are purposing to pray for every marriage who will read this post today. May God answer the cries of your heart for desperate change.
Hot, Holy and Humorous
- Talking To Your Kids About Sex – we know this is a difficult topic for many couples. This post will help you make it more natural, and as a result, more helpful to your kids.
- Don’t Touch Me – I’m Ugly – the name says it all. This post is primarily for women who struggle to believe their husbands when they compliment them.
- MT Project – Do you take an interest in what your spouse enjoys. Taking this simple step could be the key you need to boost your relationship to the next level. It’s simple – really.
- Dude Challenge – Lesson Learned - Yep, sometimes the truth hurts, but it is necessary in all marriages. Do you do this to your wife?
Marriage Missions International
- Help! I Married The Wrong Person – most would never admit they’ve had these thoughts, but if you have – then, please read this article. It will lead this dangerous thought into a safe place, a place where your marriage will grow.
One Flesh Marriage
- Is Your Marriage On Cruise – please, note…this doesn’t say “on A cruise.” It says “on cruise.” I misread the title and was surprised as I read this excellent article. Very insightful thoughts worth your time.
Ship Bound For Tarshish
- What About Bob? – I have a dear friend who is absolutely hilarious. She sees life through her funny bone. This week she talks about her marriage to none other than – Bob. Check her out – you may end up subscribing to her biweekly posts.
- More About Bob – part two of this series!
The Generous Husband
- Sexual Attention Deficit Disorder – If you or your spouse have been or are currently involved with PORN you must read this post. Your marriage depends on it.
The Generous Wife