Let’s hear it for MONDAY!!!
Tom and I have held Monday nights as our regular date night for as long as I can remember. The advantages we’ve found are: places are less crowded, it’s something to help us actually look forward to the first of the work week, discounts offered at many restaurants because it’s an off night, babysitters are easier to come by, usually no sports activities for your children keeping you from having to postpone a week. So, if you don’t have a regular date night – we highly recommend Monday! I can honestly say it’s my favorite night of the week!
Here’s what’s happening around O-town:
- Winter Park – Friday Nights at the Morse Museum – January 29th from 4p – 8p. Admission is free. Live music and a beautiful museum to explore.
- Winter Park – Music at the Casa – Sunday, January 31st a free live music concert at Casa Feliz. This week the featured musician is Opus 5 – Windwood Quintet.
- Orlando – Friday, January 29th starting at 8p. Jazz Night at the Grand Bohemian featuring Suzy Park, vocals; Wes Hamrick, piano; and Daniel Jordan, sax and flute.
- Altamonte Springs – Uptown – The Great American Boat, Sport and Travel Festival – Saturday and Sunday, Jan. 30-31. 10a. – 5p. FREE
- Mt. Dora – Civil War Festival and Reenactment at Renninger’s Market – Saturday, January 30th at 3p. and Sunday, January 31st at 2p. Saturday evening is the Dress Ball at 8p. Gates open at 10a. allowing visitors to browse the grounds and see how they looked back in the day. Cost is $5.
- Baldwin Park – 1st Annual Orlando Chili Cookoff – Saturday, January 30th. Gates open at 12p. Cost is $7.
- New Smyrna Beach – Images, A Festival of the Arts takes place on Saturday and Sunday, January 30th and 31st from 9a – 5p. FREE
- Bok Tower Gardens – Moonlight Carillon Concert Series on Friday, January 29th. Enjoy dinner at the Blue Palmetto Cafe’ and the hour long concert begins at 7:30p. Cost for concert is $5 with half-price admission to the gardens.