This is one of our favorite weeks of the year – Valentine’s. Have you made plans? Or do you prefer to forgo celebrating this day because of the crowds and commercialism. May we encourage you to celebrate the day, but in a way that you both enjoy. For us that has been with a quiet romantic evening at home. We’ll post this Wednesday one of our favorite Valentine’s Days of the 30+ we’ve celebrated as husband and wife. But please, don’t miss this once a year chance to go all out in expressing your love for the closest friend, other than Christ, you’ll have in this life. It really is a great opportunity to be creative and have fun!
If you would like to venture out on the town this week – here’s what’s happening in Orlando:
- Downtown – Ivanhoe Village – Tuesday, February 9th is the Gallery Walk from 6:30p – 9p. Located on Virginia Drive; the event is FREE.
- Loch Haven Park – Mennello Museum of American Art – 8th Annual Orlando Folk Festival – Saturday and Sunday, February 13th and 14th. 10a – 5p. Adults $4.
- Harry P. Leu Gardens – A Night of Swing – Sunday, February 14th from 6p – 9p. Gardens close at 3p. and reopen for this special event. Bring your chairs and coolers for a romantic evening of great music under the stars. Cost is $25 nonmembers and $20 for members.
- Winter Park – Popcorn Flicks in the Park – Saturday, February 13th in Central Park. Featured movie is Love Story and begins at 7p. Movie and popcorn are FREE.
- Winter Park – Big Band Bach – Saturday, February 13th at 3:30p enjoy this FREE concert in the heart of Central Park.
- Uptown Altamonte – Friday Night Live on February 12th from 7p – 9p. Enjoy live music by Ashley Locheed Quartet. FREE.
- Casselberry – Date Nights: Arts Amore. On Friday, February 12th from 7p – 10p. Cost is $20 per couple for residents and $25 per couple for non-residents. Bring someone special and enjoy a romantic night out creating original watercolor paintings. Bring your dinner & favorite beverage. Register online at www.casselberry.org/register.
- Sanford – Thursday, February 11th – Party Gras – located in the historic district of Downtown Sanford – the cost is $7 and includes food and drink samples plus a chance to win a $100 door prize.
- Avalon Park – Dancing In The Moonlight on Saturday, February 13th from 8p – 11p. Cost is $5 in advance, $7 at the door.
- Orlando Valentine Swing Dance – Saturday, February 13th. from 8p – 12a. Cost is $12 with a free beginner swing dance lesson from 8 – 9.
- Daytona Beach – Daytona 500 is Sunday, February 14th. 43 Of the Best Stock Car racers in the world take center stage in the Daytona 500. Nascar’s biggest, richest and most prestigous race. For information and tickets: 386.947.6800
- Hunter’s Creek – Movie in the Park – Valentines Edition, on Friday, February 12th beginning at 7p. Featured movie is Beauty and the Beast. Osprey Park Lawn.
- Lake Wales – Bok Tower Gardens – Valentine’s Day Carillon Concerts at 1p and 3p. Cost is FREE with admission to park.