What a beautiful time of year. I love the cooler temperatures and the changing colors. But somehow I’m not so excited about changes in life. The Lord has been busy shuffling people in and out of our lives, and it’s hard. Hard to let go and hard to look ahead to brighter days. Sometimes I just want to be sad! Sometimes I don’t want Summer to end because I know I will miss going to the beach. But there is much I love about Fall. And I know the changing seasons of my life will be full of stories of God’s faithfulness. I just don’t know what they are YET!
So tonight I baked an apple pie to celebrate one of my favorite scents of the season, and hopefully to help me bid adieu to Summertime once again. And it really is the perfect time of year to be outside together with the one you love.
Here’s what’s happening this week, and you’ll notice a lot of the choices are outdoor events! Enjoy:
- Winter Park – Winter in the Park returns to central park with Ice Skating fun for all. The rink will open on Saturday, November 13th and run through Sunday, January 9th. Cost is $10 for unlimited skating and includes skate rental.
- Orlando Museum of Art presents The Festival of Trees beginning Saturday, November 13th through Sunday, November 21st from 10a to 2p. Please call the Museum for prices. Loch Haven Park, 2416 North Mills Ave, Orlando
- Lake Eola – Orlando Food and Wine Fest will take place on Saturday and Sunday, November 13th and 14th. For ticket pricing and more info Click Here.
- Winter Park – Popcorn Flicks in the Park on Thursday, November 11th. The feature film this month is the classic, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. The show begins at 7p. and as always, the movie and popcorn are FREE.
- Sanford – Alive After Five will take place on Thursday, November 11th from 5p. to 8p. Enjoy live music, food and beverage samples and all for only $7 per person.
- Uptown Altamonte presents Friday Night Live on November 12th from 7 – 9p. The concert will feature Rainbows End and is FREE.
- Light Up UCF – 50 Nights of Music, Lights and Ice will begin on Friday, November 12th and run through January 2nd. Click the link for more information and ticket prices.
- Clermont – Lakeridge Winery presents their Annual Holiday Open House, Friday, November 12th through Sunday, November 14th. The cost is FREE.
- Winter Garden Theatre presents “Barbra…Then and Now” on Saturday, November 13th. The show features the legendary music of Barbra Streisand by award winning, Carla DelVillaggio. The show begins at 7:30 and tickets are $15. Seating is limited so follow link to order tickets.