Now is the time to start thinking about the next six weeks in earnest. The Christmas holidays will following Thanksgiving, which is only a week away. If we’re not careful to plan, the time will be spent on things that won’t matter in eternity. Purpose now as a couple to plan the things most important to you and your family. Traditions don’t just happen. Click here for some creative ideas to make this Thanksgiving special for your family.
For now – here’s what’s happening around Orlando:
- Ivanhoe Row – The White Wolf Cafe is hosting “Jingle Eve Christmas on the Avenue” on Friday, November 19th at 6p. Enjoy a festive evening stroll as you browse 30+ Specialty, Antique Shops & Restaurants with Food, Entertainment, and Door Prizes. There’s also a Toys for Tots Drop Location. Admission is FREE.
- Maitland – Taste of Maitland on Monday, November 15th from 5:30p. – 8p. Tickets are $20.
- Winter Park – Winter in the Park – check out the site for times. This event is ongoing through the Christmas season.
- Loch Haven – Festival of Trees – check out site for times and prices. This event takes place all week long – ending on November 21st.
- Uptown Altamonte presents Friday Night Live. The concert this week features the talent of Ashley Locheed Quartet. The concert begins at 7p – 9p and as always is FREE.
- Mt. Dora – Renninger’s Antique Extravaganza – Friday, November 19th – Sunday, November 21st. Time: Shops in enclosed building begin 8AM. Dealers outside 10AM-5PM Friday, 8AM-5PM Saturday and Sunday
Price: Friday $10, Saturday $6, Sunday $4
Location: Renningers Antique Market- 20651 US Highway 441, Mount Dora
Description: An antique lover’s dream! This event held at Renninger s Twin Markets, is one of the largest gatherings of antique dealers in the south with over 1500 dealers attending. Antique Fairs held third weekend of each month.
- Mt. Dora – Ice House Theatre presents Miracle on 34th Street. Location: 1100 N. Unser Street, Mount Dora, FL 32757
Description: A tender and charming Christmas classic for the family. visit www.icehousetheatre.com.
Extra Info: $20 Adults; $18 Seniors (62+ Thurs/Sun); $10 – $15 *Students. *Students: $10 (5-12 yrs.); $12 (13-18 yrs.); $15 (with college ID). Group Tickets: $16 tickets for Groups of 15 or more.
- Light Up UCF – see site for dates and prices. This event takes place continually through the Christmas season.
- Avalon Park – Jubilee Fall Carnival on Friday and Saturday, November 19th and 20th. from 10a. to 10p. at The Tanja King Memorial Park.
- Montverde – Bella Collina hosts A Christmas of New Beginnings on Thursday, November 18th at 7p. A Christmas of New Beginnings …….a candlelight evening of entertainment……. Stroll the Castles pathway tasting some of the area’s finest foods and enjoy an elegant evening of food, wine and music with a candlelight evening of entertainment welcoming in the Christmas season. Tickets MUST be purchased in advance for $35/person on line at New Beginnings. All proceeds to benefit the local homeless children thru New Beginnings. Bella Collina Map For more information, please contact: Sandy Williams.
- Winter Garden – Art Festival on Saturday and Sunday, November 20th and 21st. Festival will be held on Plant Street and is FREE!
Enjoy artisans, food vendors and live entertainment at the Annual Winter Garden Art Festival. Produced by the Winter Garden Merchants Guild. If you are interested in participating as an artist or vendor please visit the Winter Garden Merchants Web Page by clicking here!
Oh, and don’t forget TO VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE MARRIAGE BLOG! on The Marry Blogger site. The nomination period ends November 24th. Then, The Marry Blogger will post a list of all the finalists (those who had the most votes) and we’ll vote again for who will be named The Top 10 Marriage Blogs of 2011. We would love your support so more couples will come to our Vineyard to be motivated to grow their marriage for the glory of God! Won’t you take a moment to go and vote? Make sure when you follow the link you scroll down the page to see the form to fill out. Simply enter our address: (http://theromanticvineyard.com) We appreciate all of you and the way you encourage us to continue! We absolutely LOVE serving couples in this way!