We make our plans, but sometimes those plans fall through. So far 2011 has been full of cancellations, rescheduling and postponing. But we continue to plan. Why? Because it’s worth it! We love spending time with family, friends and each other. Even though sickness has prevented many events, dinners and date nights, we still hope for the time when we can once again make plans that actually happen.
When plans fall through are you more apt to reschedule or simply cancel?
Rescheduling certainly takes time and effort. But it’s the things we value which makes the effort so worth it! So, if you’re well this week – thank God, and make plans to have some time alone together either in the comfort of your home OR by going out.
As a weekly addition to our Mark Your Calendar posts, we’re going to start including “Fun Dates to Celebrate This Week,” in order to spark ideas for those everyday moments worth celebrating. Remember, our monthly Here’s To Us Contest is on the 12th of each month where we’ll ask you what special moment worth celebrating stood out to you the previous month. So read this list and see if any are worth highlighting or celebrating in your schedule. I’ve added a couple of ideas next to some just to help get us thinking!
Fun Dates To Celebrate:
Sunday, January 23rd is National Pie Day. Celebrate by baking or buying a pie to enjoy this great American dessert.
Monday, January 24th Compliment Day – send regular texts to your spouse.
Tuesday – 25 Opposite Day – talk at dinner in opposites – sure to make you laugh.
Wednesday – 26 Spouse’s Day – so many options with this one!
Thursday – 27 Chocolate Cake Day – bake one to enjoy!
Thursday – 27 Punch the Clock Day
Friday – 28 Fun at Work Day
Friday – 28 National Kazoo Day
Saturday – 29 National Puzzle Day – buy a jigsaw puzzle to do together.
Saturday – 29 National Cornchip Day – with a pot of steaming hot chili!
And for those who want a Date Night here’s what’s happening around Orlando this week:
- Winter Park – Popcorn Flicks in the Park presents It Happened One Night, the classic film from 1934 which one numerable Oscars including Best Picture. Bring your blanket and chairs – showtime is at 7p. FREE.
- Downtown – Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra presents, That’s Amore, on Saturday, January 29th at the Bob Carr Auditorium. Check sight for ticket prices and performance times.
- Downtown – The Grand Bohemian features live music every night of the week. Check out their schedule for a very romantic evening.
- Deland – Taste of Deland will take place Saturday, January 29th from 1p – 4p. in downtown Deland. Cost is $15.
- Mt. Dora – Ice House Theatre presents Steel Magnolias running January 21st through February 13th. Showtimes and prices are available on their website.
- New Smyrna Beach – Images: A Festival of the Arts, will be held Saturday and Sunday, January 29th and 30th at Riverside Park. FREE.