Plans are good. They help us do the things we believe are most important. They keep us from procrastinating. But plans can change, even when we don’t want them to.
Last week we went away for three days to celebrate our anniversary. The plan was to enjoy a couple of days on the golf course – courtesy of a dear friend. What we didn’t plan was Tom’s back going out the first thing Thursday morning. We hadn’t even started the first hole when it happened – while warming up on the driving range. But Tom managed, or might I say grimaced, through 18 holes. By Friday, however, it was apparent he wouldn’t be up for another round, so we made other plans. We were disappointed, as you always are when plans change unexpectedly. But we ended up having a fun day.
Has it been awhile since you’ve made plans to go out together? Have you taken the opportunity to celebrate those special, everyday kind of moments, we can often miss? Why not make plans now for this week. Even if they get changed, at the very least you’re making an effort to be together, whether it’s Plan A or Plan B.
Fun Dates To Celebrate:
1 National Peanut Butter Lovers Day – make some cookies or pack your spouse a PB & J sandwich as a surprise.
2 National Banana Cream Pie Day – no explanation needed!
National Old Stuff Day – clean out old stuff to donate.
3 National I Want You To Be Happy Day – do whatever you can to make your spouse happy today.
4 Hug A GI Day – Only do this is your spouse is one! LOL.
National Pound Cake Day – if you have a favorite recipe, why not bake it for your spouse for breakfast. Or serve it with fresh sliced strawberries.
Here is what’s happening around Orlando this week:
- Harry P. Leu Gardens – Date Night in the Gardens on Friday, March 4th. Garden gates open at 6p – movie begins at 7:30p. This month’s featured presentation is Twilight. Cost is $5 per adult and FREE for garden members.
- Winter Park – St. Patrick’s Day Parade will take place on Park Avenue Sunday, March 6th beginning at 2p. FREE.
- Orlando Science Center presents the Festival of Chocolate March 5th from 10a – 7p and March 6th from 10a – 5p.
- Altamonte Springs – Uptown Altamonte presents Friday Night Live, Unplugged. This week’s featured artist is the acoustic rock duo, Youngtown. Concert begins at 7p. FREE.
- Bike Week begins March 4th and runs through the 13th. Check out website for details.
- Melbourne – The King Center presents Kenny G Live on Sunday, March 6th at 7p. See website for prices and to purchase tickets.
- Plant City – The Florida Strawberry Festival begins March 3rd and runs through the 13th. Check website for prices and schedules.
- Central Florida Fair began on February 24th and runs through March 6th. Check site for prices and schedules.
- Yalaha – Visit the famous Yalaha Bakery on Saturday, March 5th for great German food and live music.