I came home from a weekend at the beach to find the markings of my 20 month old granddaughter scribbled all over, well – everything! It started in the family room with red squiggly marks on my computer keyboard and mouse. It moved around the room to the glass french doors – to the walls – to the kitchen cabinets – to the door by the garage – to the front door – to the hall and finally on my new Easter photo of me with my adorable grandchildren. 🙂
Willow LOVES to write and takes every opportunity she has to do it with all her heart. If it weren’t on my walls (and everything else), I would encourage her all the more. Her zeal knows no boundaries. Nothing keeps her back, except maybe Mommy when she says “No!”
This is how it should be when we are passionate about something – like romancing our spouse. If given the time is this the first thing on your “I want to do this!” list? Why not plan some special alone time together to write sweet memories on the walls of your heart? It will be worth the effort, and these markings won’t have to be scrubbed away! Write on…
NOTE: Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post for information on a great new app for your smart phone. It’s a wonderful date night resource, and it’s FREE.**
Fun Dates To Celebrate
- National Cordon Bleu Day – celebrate by fixing the famous stuffed chicken for dinner. Or watch the movie Julie and Julia for some French cuisine entertainment.
- National Read A Road Map Day – this could be a fun way to surprise your spouse. Give them a map with clues and have them figure out where it is they are to meet you for a romantic rendezvous. It may take a bit of planning, but sweet will be the reward.
- National Caramel Popcorn Day – buy a box of Cracker Jacks and watch some spring baseball.
- National No Housework Day – Now here is probably the most romantic day a husband could ever grant his wife – send her off today to enjoy doing anything she enjoys – but NO HOUSEWORK!
- National Cherish An Antique Day – spend an afternoon browsing your favorite antique stores.
- National Golfers Day – enjoy a game together or send your spouse out to enjoy a round with their friends. Or you could set up a miniature golf course in your house using some imagination.
Now for what’s happening around Orlando this week, and there’s a lot:
- Florida Film Festival begins April 8th and goes through April 17th. There is a whole host of events taking place including films being shown at the Enzian Theatre, Winter Garden Theatre and the Regal Winter Park Village. Cost varies.
- Orlando Museum of Art – First Thursdays is a monthly event offering jazz music, food and beverages for purchase in a great atmosphere. The time is 6p – 9p. Cost is FREE for members and $10 for non-members.
- Winter Park – Morse Museum of Art opens it’s doors for FREE every Friday of the month from November to April. The doors open at 4p and close at 8p.
- Leu Gardens – Spring Jazz’n Blues Stroll on Saturday, April 9th from 6p – 10p.
- Altamonte Springs – Uptown Altamonte presents Friday Night Live on April 8th. The concert is from 7p – 9p and is FREE.
- Altamonte Springs – Sunset Cinema returns on Saturday, April 9th at Cranes Roost Plaza. The movie is Evan Almighty and starts at 7p. FREE.
- Mt. Dora – Downtown Art Stroll on Friday, April 8th from 6p – 8p. FREE.
- Mt. Dora – Lakeside Inn hosts a Wine Tasting to benefit the Mt. Dora’s Women’s Club. The event will be on Saturday, April 9th from 5p – 7p. Cost is $20.
- Mt. Dora – The Community Center will host L.C. Swing Band in concert on Sunday, April 10th at 3p. FREE.
- Tavares – The Central Florida Dragon Boat Festival will take place April 8th and 9th. We had no idea what this was about – the video on the website is worth taking a look. Especially if you like percussion performances.
- New Smyrna Beach – Balloon and Sky Fest will take place April 8th – 10th. Cost is $5 per vehicle. See site for location and event schedule.
- Celebration, FL – Great American Pie Festival will take place April 9th and 10th in the city’s Towne Center. Come enjoy a slice of a great American tradition.
- Kissimmee – Family Spring Fest will take place April 7 – 10th at Osceola Heritage Park Cost is FREE, but parking is $7. See site for details.
- Harmony, FL – Hosts the Dark Sky Festival on Saturday, April 9th from 6p – 11p. The purpose of the festival is to enjoy the nighttime constellations using telescopes set up for the purpose of stargazing. There will be all sorts of activities worth checking out. See site for details.
- Winter Garden – Spring Fever in the Garden will take place Saturday and Sunday, April 9th and 10th in beautiful downtown Winter Garden. Come purchase flowers of all kinds for your own garden and enjoy the many activities. FREE.
**Finally, for those of you with Smart Phones – there is a great new date night app available for FREE. Scott Joseph, the local food critic has compiled an app which includes all the Orlando area restaurants. It is chocked full of everything you need to pick a great date night location according to location, price, food offered and entertainment. And it’s FREE. That’s a four letter word we love to hear! To access the app search for Orlando Restaurants.