It’s hard to believe it’s October. But what a great time of year to be outside with your love. There is a wealth of special dates to celebrate this month. Did you know that October is:
- National Pizza Month
- National Vegetarian Month
- National Popcorn Popping Month
- Sarcastic Month
- Seafood Month
♥ Fun Dates To Celebrate ♥
- Techies Day – What would we do without the techies in our lives to keep things running smoothly, or just running PERIOD! If your spouse is techie – plan something to celebrate them tonight! Maybe send them a text message too!
- National Golf Day – plan to meet at a driving range for some practice, get in 9 holes after work, or go play miniature golf.
- Do Something Nice Day – no explanation needed. 🙂
- Come and Take It Day – Hmmm, this one sounds F.U.N.
- Bald and Free Day – Visit your local Audubon Society to learn about bald eagles OR if your spouse is bald have fun celebrating his baldness.
- World Smile Day – Make your spouse smile when they aren’t expecting it.
- American Touch Tag Day – Plan a get together with your couple friends and play some good old American Tag. Tag – You’re It!
- Curious Events Day – This day would be fun to each pick several facts that you find curious and talk about them over dinner. See who comes up with the most curious.
- Moldy Cheese Day – If you’re a bleu cheese fan – serve a great salad with your curious conversation. 🙂
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
- Harry P. Leu Gardens presents Date Night in the Garden on Friday, October 7th. Cost is $7 or FREE for garden members. Gates open at 6p. Movie begins at 8:30p. This month’s feature: The Adjustment Bureau.
- Winter Park – 38th Annual Autumn Art Festival on Saturday, October 8th and Sunday October 9th.
- Ivanhoe District presents their First Friday Art Stroll on Friday, October 7th, from 6p – 9p. FREE.
- Lake Wales – Bok Tower Gardens celebrates Edward W. Bok‘s birthday with a Carillon Concert on Sunday, October 9th from 1p – 4p. FREE.
- Celebration, FL, presents Octoberfest on Friday, October 7th and Saturday, October 8th. See website for times and details.
Whatever your choose to do this week, remember the most important thing is to be with your spouse – completely and without distraction. We’ll post more on this later.
This is post #3 in the Ultimate Blog Challenge to post everyday in October.
Hello! Robert and I got a late start on the day today – we just couldn’t get out of bed, so I opened up the iPad and checked email… (lazy, I know!)
Boy-oh-boy did you get us laughing.- PIZZA month – Huzzah! But the best is October 7th. Now that’s gonna be a great day! lol
(Happy Blog Challenging month – thanks for the encouragement to participate, Debi. I was praying over it and wasn’t sure I’d have the gumption to give it another go right now… I’m so thankful for friends who encourage! You’re a blessing.)
Good Morning, Lori! So glad we could start your week with some laughter. 🙂 It’s nice to encourage someone who is so good at encouraging.
What fun ideas to greet a Monday morning with! And blogging ideas to boot! 😉
Thanks, PeggyLee. Enjoy your week of blogging!
Okay how cool is this! I’m pretty sure this month was made for me since it’s:
■National Pizza Month
■National Popcorn Popping Month
My favorite foods are pizza and crab legs and my favorite snack is popcorn. Plus I’m all kinds of sarcastic. Awesome. Thanks for sharing!!!
Hahaha, Lisa – that’s great. We’re so glad this month had you in mind. Enjoy everyday on the calendar!
Love the “Bald and Free Day”!! My hubbie is newly bald. And feeling free!
Tell Him congratulations on his new freedom from The Romantic Vineyard. 🙂
Sarcastic Month! Sign me up!
Sign you up? You’re the team captain!
Ooooh! Didn’t know it was National Popcorn Popping month! I LOVE popcorn!!
Thank you for listing all the things to celebrate this month!
I think you’d like my post today…on it being Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog month! 🙂
Great to meet you through the Ultimate Blog Challenge!
Oh so many excuses to take a holiday! lol I am totally taking Moldy Cheese Day off to enjoy some Buffalo and Blue burgers! ; ) Thanks so much for this fun list!
I had a black and bleu burger yesterday! 🙂 Another excuse to have one again! Thanks for stopping by Sara!