We’ve enjoyed our week off, but like most vacations we found ourselves missing our daily interactions with you. We pray you’ve enjoyed celebrating Christmas and New Year’s with your spouse, family and close friends.
Our emotions are mixed about so many things. Suffice it to say we are experiencing change that is necessary, but it’s not easy. Change brings a fresh start, but can begin with limp. I feel as if I’m limping today.
When one is limping each step is anticipated and felt deeply. Sometimes the step is dreaded, yet for one who is resolved to continue moving forward the pain cannot be avoided.
In the midst of the painful limp, the direction we’re heading is wonderful. This month marks the beginning of our new Bible reading plan. We have chosen to read one book from the New Testament a month – totaling 12 books in 2012. The book is read in it’s entirety everyday for that month, and we couldn’t be more excited about delving into the book of James this month. If you and your spouse would like to take part, you can check out the different reading plans by visiting The Route 66 Club Blog. This is another blog that I host, but not nearly as often as I do here. Route 66 is more for occasional encouragements that happen whenever I sense the Lord prompting me to write a post.
We are also taking part in a January Challenge to pray for our spouse for the 31 days of January. We shared about this on one post last week.
And we received another award this past week too – The Generous Wife blog named her pick for the Top Blogs For Growing Your Marriage in 2011. What an honor to be named among so many quality marriage blogs.
We were also surprised to be listed on To Love, Honor And Vacuum’s Top 50 Marriage Quotes for 2011. Take a moment to check out the list, and while there – enjoy looking around her blog, too! I love the name!
Yes, it has been quite an eventful week, but now it’s time to plan some alone time:
♥ Fun Dates To Celebrate ♥
- Fruit Cake Toss Day – if you received this traditional gift, and can’t stand it like most – why not make a game out of getting rid of it. Take three garbage cans and give each one a different point value. Slice the cake into individual serving pieces. Take turns tossing the cake for points. The winner doesn’t ever have to eat it!
- Trivia Day – Stay home and play your favorite trivia game. Don’t have one? Then watch Jeopardy together!
- National Bird Day – Take some binoculars and watch the wildlife in your own backyard. Or you could watch some fun movies like March of the Penguins or Winged Migration.
- Bean Day – Cook up your favorite recipe and enjoy it on this cold winter night.
- Cuddle Up Day – Hmmm, why would they make bean day the same as cuddle up day, seems one might discourage the other – ya think? We suggest pick one or the other – don’t try to combine the two. It might just explode on you! 🙂
- Bubble Bath Day – Surprise your spouse by drawing a hot bath for them. Be sure to add to the ambiance by lighting a candle, pouring their favorite beverage and playing their favorite music to set the mood.
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
- Winter Park – Winter Park Playhouse presents the Spotlight Cabaret Series on Wednesday and Thursday, January 4th and 5th. This month’s artist is Kate Zaloumes. Tickets are $20 and include one drink. Standing only tickets are $10.
- Mt. Dora – A Block Party will be held on Friday, January 6th beginning at 6p. The cost is FREE. See site for details!
- Sanford – Do you have a great chili recipe? Why not enter Sanford’s Chili Cook-Off Competition. The deadline to enter is this Thursday, January 5th with the competition taking place the following Thursday, January 12th. See site for details. Sounds like a fun evening to cook together and mingle with patrons. And winning would be sweet! Or should we say…HOT!
- Eustis – First Friday Street Fest on January 6th from 6p – 10p. FREE.
- Yalaha – Visit the Yalaha Bakery for authentic German food and great entertainment on Saturday, January 7th. The featured artist is Jose Velez and Luis Alfredo – guitar duo. The outdoor entertainment is from 11a. – 2p. It’s worth the drive!
- Lake Wales – Bok Tower Gardens presents Moonlight Carillon Concerts on Saturday, January 7th from 7:30 p – 9:30p. Half-priced admission for the concert.
- Clermont – Winter Music Series will take place each weekend in January. Click here for the month’s schedule and make plans to enjoy this unique date on the beautiful grounds of Central Florida’s only winery.