As Tom and I were leaving Costco recently, the check-out clerk commented he wanted to come to our house simply based on what we were buying. It made us laugh as we realized how different seasons require different purchases from the store. For instance, we spent years buying diapers, formula, apple juice and wipes. No one was commenting then that they wanted to follow us home. But we enjoyed that season as much as we are enjoying this season.
You can tell a lot about a person by “reading their shopping cart,” so to speak. And you can learn a lot about yourself based on what you purchase. I haven’t done any deep research on this topic – that would be my friend Lori Lowe’s department – But next time you’re shopping see how much of what you’re buying is because you love your spouse. Make it a habit to pick up one thing that if your spouse were working the check out lane, they’d ask to come home with you!
♥ Fun Dates To Celebrate ♥
The month of February is…National Hot Breakfast Month – Why not plan to bless your spouse with a hot breakfast every morning in February. Not sure you can commit to this? Then try going out for a hot breakfast one morning to celebrate!
Following are the individual dates this week that have special meanings:
31 Backward Day – send you spouse an e-mail typed completely backwards. Or try your hand at writing in cursive backwards – my sister and I learned how to do this during church services when we were little. It was our way of passing notes we didn’t want anyone else to read! I think this little secret would work great between husband and wife too!
31 Inspire Your Heart with Art Day – Some guys may go for a visit to the local ceramic studio to make a special piece together to remember this day!
1 National Freedom Day – watch your favorite war movie and thank God for those who have been willing to sacrifice for our freedoms.
2 Heavenly Hash Day – Plan to bake something special like brownies or fudge. Or go out to your favorite ice cream parlor!
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
Super Bowl Sunday is February 5th. Check out all the places hosting parties for this annual event!
- Orlando – ArtsFest takes place beginning Feb. 1st – 29th. See site for details. Admission is FREE.
- Orlando – 1st Thursdays at the Orlando Museum of Art on Feb. 2nd. Admission is FREE from 6p – 9p. The theme this month is Sci-Fi and Fantasy Art in the 21st Century
- College Park – Monday Night Jazz Jam at Taste Restaurant from 8p – midnight. No Cover charge.
- Mt. Dora – Annual Arts Festival on Saturday and Sunday, February 4th and 5th. FREE.
- Mt. Dora – Battle of Townsend’s Plantation Re-enactment on Saturday and Sunday, February 4th and 5th at Renninger’s Antique Market – Admission Charge.
- Sanford – Food Truck Bazaar will be held on Saturday, February 4th from 5p – 9p. at The Riverwalk
- UCF Wind Ensemble will perform at St. Luke’s Lutheran Church in Oviedo. The concert is FREE and begins at 7p. on Saturday, February 4th.