Earth Day is April 22nd.
We realize there are many people who go overboard in regards to Earth Day, even worshiping the planet. But there is something to be said for being a good steward of God’s creation. He intended for us to care for the Earth and everything in it. With this in mind, we wanted to provide a list of ideas on how you can celebrate this day with your spouse in a special way:
1. Have a romantic picnic using nothing disposable. Use real napkins, plates, silverware and cups/glasses. You could even have an evening picnic using a kerosene lantern to light the night.
2. Go out for dinner using public transportation or a bicycle to get there. Not only will you be reducing the amount of gas used, but you’ll get to spend the time talking too.
3. Choose your favorite place on Earth and plan a date night around this location. Select your food, decor, background music and entertainment in light of this location and see what a memory you can make together.
5. Go birding together to see how many different birds you can identify. Make a contest out of it to see who can find the most. Visit your local Audubon Society and purchase a bird feeder for your backyard.
6. Plan a Garden of Eden date night. Visit a local garden center and pick out a plant to use as a centerpiece for your dinner. Go to a farmer’s market or whole foods market and select fresh food to prepare for dinner together at home. The best part of this date is a quote from Genesis; “they were naked and not ashamed.”
7. Plan a date using the 6 days of creation as your source.
- Day 1 – Light
- Day 2 – Water
- Day 3 – Ocean, Vegetation and the Garden of Eden
- Day 4 – Sun, Moon and Stars
- Day 5 – Fish and Birds
- Day 6 – Land animals, man and then….woman.
Here’s an idea of how you could use all of these: Go to the beach or somewhere nearby to watch the sun rise together. Go fishing in the morning and then visit a local zoo in the afternoon OR you could go on a nature hike and look for your own wildlife, (or make your own. 😉 End the day by making love as if it were your very first time. Imagine how Adam and Eve must have felt the first moment they saw each other. It is the same for us as husband and wife. We have been blessed by God with our mate–so celebrate this gift!