We recently had lunch with some friends who shared with us a tradition the wife had grown up doing at the dinner table. It was really quite simple. Her dad would say, Tell me the good, and everyone at the table had to take turns telling him the good they saw in the others seated at the table. This wise father usually asked this question when he noticed the sour attitudes of his children, and it immediately changed the atmosphere from critical to grateful.
We thought this would be a good idea to try with your spouse. What if the next time you were feeling the weight of your circumstances you were to say, Tell me the good! Then take turns recounting the good things God has done or is doing in your life and marriage. How would this change your perspective? We think it’s worth a try. Let us know how it goes.
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
- Winter Park – Popcorn Flicks in the Park on Thursday, July 12th beginning at 8p. This month’s movie is The Great Muppet Caper.
- Altamonte Springs – Food Truck Wars return to Cranes Roost Park on Sunday, July 15th from 1p – 7p. Over 40 Food Trucks will compete for several awards. There will be lots of fun for the whole family, or make it a special day date with your spouse. Admission is FREE.
- Sanford – Alive After Five on Thursday, July 12th from 5p – 8p. Cost is $7. Includes live music food and drinks to sample. This month’s theme is Sax in the City.
- Mt. Dora – Downtown Art Stroll on Friday, July 13th from 6p – 8p. FREE.
- Clermont – Lakeridge Winery – Summer Music Series on Saturday, July 14th from 1p – 4p. FREE.
Don’t forget our Summer Lovin’ Photo Contest taking place now through Labor Day. For details click here.