Okay. You can’t find a babysitter for your normal night out, but she is available on Saturday. We want to provide you with some ideas for this very special Daytime Date.
- Go out for brunch. Finding a place with nice outdoor seating is a bonus.
- Play golf, putt-putt, tennis or beach volleyball.
- Go on a hike, run, or bike ride to enjoy the passing scenery. Don’t forget your camera.
- Go to the beach or lake for a refreshing swim or walk along the shore. If it’s too cold to swim, try flying a kite together.
- Rent a convertible and go for a drive in the country. If you can’t afford this option, borrow a convertible from a friend, if you can.
- Go on a literary picnic. Pack your favorite novel and plan lunch around the setting of the book. Take turns reading the book aloud to each other. Or camp out at your favorite bookstore and peruse the aisles for a new favorite.
- Go to a movie matinee. Sit on the back row and kiss often. 🙂
- Go canoeing or kayaking on a river.
- Go geocaching.
- Visit a local museum.
- Go to a farmer’s market and pick up your favorite food for dinner.
- Play a board game in a local park, like Scrabble, Chess or Checkers.
The most important part of a regular date together is keeping the enjoyment of each other’s company at the forefront. In the busyness of life this is often the first thing to be neglected, but at what cost! Your relationship will still be there after all your children are grown and gone. What it looks like then depends on how you invest in it now.
Have you voted in our Summer Lovin’ Photo Contest yet? You have until Sunday at 10p. EST to do so.