We love this time of year. The color, the cooler temperatures, the scents and most of all, the food. Everything is focused on warming your heart. In an effort to help make this Fall the best it can be, we’ve raked up 13 Fall Dates from which to choose.
Since we are taking the 1/2 Marathon Blog Challenge this month with the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association, we thought it would be fun to post one Fall Date Idea each day of the challenge, which last for 13 days. We hope you’ll come back each day for another great idea.
Fall Date #1
Romantic Fall Dinner
How often do we throw food together without much thought or effort? Life demands we eat on the fly much of the time. Why not plan a special 3-course dinner that expresses your love for your spouse?
First, plan your menu.
Choose from the following list or use recipes you know you love.
- Iced Pumpkin Cookies
- Maple Cheesecake with Roasted Pears
- Pumpkin-Pecan Cake with Brown Sugar and Bourbon Glaze
Next, Decorate Your Space.
- Buy miniature pumpkins and carve out the center to hold a tealight candle.
- Buy fall leaves at the Dollar Store, and write one word on the back of each describing the attributes that made you fall in love with your spouse. Scatter them on the table with the words hidden. During dessert tell them about the leaves, then enjoy watching them read your “love leaves.”
- For an added bonus order the Living Landscape DVD of New England in the Fall. You could have this playing during dinner, or sit down to watch it together with after-dinner coffee.
This is sure to help you “Fall” in love all over again with each other and with the tastes of the season.
What recipes do you enjoy in the Fall?
As a recap, here are the links to each of the 13 fall dates:
Date #2 – Pumpkin Carving Contest
Date #3 – Take A Walk
Date #4 – Backyard Campfire
Date #5 – Sweet and Savory Fondues For Two
Date #6 – Fall Foliage Puzzle
Date #7 – Star Gazing
Date #8 – Bobbing For Apples
Date #10 – Kettle, Settle and Cuddle
Date #11 – Take A Drive On A Birding Trail
Date #12 – Moon Dance
Date #13 – 12 Round Sex Match (ding ding) 🙂
This is post #1 in the CMBA 1/2 Marathon Blogging Challenge to post everyday for 13 days in October.