I wake up every morning with an overwhelming sense of God’s blessing on my life. It isn’t because my life is perfect–it isn’t. It isn’t because everything has played out the way I’d hoped–it hasn’t. It isn’t even because I have the perfect husband–he isn’t.
I have an overwhelming sense of God’s blessing because of grace, unearned, unexpected and unbelievable. God is good. His grace is amazing. And the primary way I experience His grace is through the love my husband shows to me on a daily basis…thus the reason for this post.
I have a confession to make. I am blessed way beyond anything I could ever imagine, ask or think. God in His kindness chose to unite me in one flesh to a man who exemplifies unselfish love for me on a daily basis. I will attempt to capture these sacrifices as confessions:
- He considers my needs above his own.
- He pursues me, my attention, my thoughts, and my help, on a daily basis.
- He expresses his love for me in a variety of ways regularly.
- He looks at me as one who is lost in my gaze.
- He tells me I’m beautiful, and in his eyes I know it’s true.
- He prays for me taking my needs seriously before the throne of grace.
- He quietly leads me like a shepherd patiently on guard for any on-coming danger.
- His desire is for me alone. I have never once doubted this truth.
- He allows me time to pursue my dreams, willingly taking up the slack in our home.
- He is my biggest fan, and the only opinion that really matters.
- He has faithfully provided for me and our family for 34 years. God’s abundant blessings have poured out on him, and no one is more surprised than he is.
- Humility is the road he chooses to follow.
- He listens intently and acts slowly. Thus wisdom is given at the proper time.
- He loves me as Christ loves the church and gave himself for her.
- He washes the dishes when needed.
- He fixes things around our home.
- He keeps our windows sparkling clean.
- He offers a helping hand whenever he can.
- He excels in many ways outside of the home, but his excellence inside our home gives his work credibility.
- I know him best and love him most because he is faithful and true.
- I am a blessed wife indeed.
In what ways are you a blessed husband or wife? Add your confessions in the comments below.