I want to start off by thanking each of you who have prayed for us as we’ve cared for my Mom these past few weeks. What a huge support and help you’ve been to us. Thank you!
It is with sadness for me and gladness for her that I tell you my amazing mom left this world on Saturday, December 15, 2012, in order to join the great cloud of witnesses the Bible speaks about. I have one more treasure in Heaven that causes my heart to long all the more for the day when we’ll be reunited.
But what I really want to share with you is how Tom has helped me through this highly emotional and challenging season. For the sake of time I’ll put them in bullet points so you can read them quickly:
- He has listened when I needed to talk.
- He has held me when there were no words, only tears.
- He has spoken wisdom when I was being distracted.
- He has prayed for me when he lacked the words to encourage.
- He has cleaned our kitchen, done the laundry, cooked meals and even ironed clothes.
- He has guarded me by taking phone calls when I was too upset to talk.
- He has helped me and my siblings as we made some really hard decisions.
- He has loved my mom like his own.
- He was willing to sleep on the couch so I could sleep in the only available bed at my Mom’s house.
- He washed my car.
- He understands this period of grieving is a necessary part of the process, and he is patiently helping me through it.
- He has reminded me over and over how much he loves me.
With my Mom’s passing and my Dad’s passing 9 years ago, I no longer have parents to care for and love. It is a strange feeling, like being orphaned. Yet I know God is my Father, and He has promised He will never leave me nor forsake me. What a precious promise that has become even more valuable to me in these difficult days.
My life is consumed right now with helping my sister and brother settle her estate, something we’ve never done. God has blessed me with the best siblings–we get along very well and will work together towards the same goal–honoring my Mom’s wishes in every detail. I’m hoping to post now and then, but I can’t make a daily commitment at this point. I know you understand.
May your Christmas be filled with precious moments as you worship the One who came to earth and changed everything.