We want to give you the heads up about our “Get Your Romance On” (GYRO) Date Night Challenge for Valentine’s Day. The idea is to give your spouse the gift of 14 dates beginning the week after Valentine’s Day and ending the week of May 23rd.
Following are the guidelines for the challenge:
- Select a night that works for you, and try to keep it the same night of the week for the entire challenge. This will help you stay on track and may form a new habit in your marriage.
- The date must last at least one hour and can take place in your own home.
- There can be no movie dates included in the challenge. Anyone can sit together and watch a movie together. The idea of this challenge is to help you connect on a more intimate level–emotionally, spiritually and physically.
- Come up with your own idea for a date together OR use one of the ideas we’ll post on our Friday posts. They’ll be simple, inexpensive and most of all a springboard for a great evening together.
- Every Monday we’ll open our comments to hear from you and how you spent your date night with a link up to your blog post, if you have one.
- If you’re interested in taking part, please comment saying, “I’m in.” What a great gift this will be to give to your spouse for Valentine’s Day.
- Finally, share this idea with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Let’s celebrate the privilege it is to still date our spouse, and encourage all our married friends to do the same!
We can’t wait to hear from you!