It’s spring, and Easter is right around the corner. As Christians there isn’t a more important date on the calendar, for Easter represents the freedom Christ bought for us. It truly is a date to celebrate. And as couples the Truth of our redemption seals our covenant in a way nothing on this earth ever could. God has made us one flesh and it is a marvelous mystery.
What better way to celebrate than to plan an evening doing all the Easter traditions with a romantic twist.
Coloring Secret Message Easter Eggs:
- Hard boil a dozen eggs and have them ready when your date begins.
- Divide the eggs – six for you and six for your spouse. Using a white crayon write six words (one on each egg) that you love about your spouse.
- Exchange the eggs and take turns dipping the eggs into the dye to read what your spouse loves about you.
- Put eggs in refrigerator to eat later.
Plan an Easter Brunch for Two:
Have a Romantic Egg Hunt:
- Buy and fill a dozen or more plastic easter eggs. Fill them with your spouse’s favorite treats and hide them all over the house.
- OR you could put together their very own Easter basket, hide it somewhere in the house. Then, give them an egg with a clue telling them where they can find the next egg with a clue. Do this using all 12 eggs. You could even enclosed little candies to go in each eggs along the way.
Share the True Meaning Of Easter Together:
- Read the Easter Story as found in the book of Luke chapter 22 – 24
- Afterwards share communion together remembering how the resurrection has impacted your life, love and marriage. Click here for suggestions on how to prepare for this at home.
- Watch the 50th anniversary edition of Ben Hur.
This date is sure to be one you’ll always remember. Who knows? It may become an annual celebration.
Tell us, have you ever shared communion together at home?
Taking part in the Challenge? Click on the GYRO Challenge button in the header and share with us what you did under Week #6.