Here’s our GYRO Date night idea reposted from May, 5, 2010. We’re a couple days late – sorry. Hopefully you can still make time to celebrate this Mexican National holiday! Ole!
Since today is Cinco de Mayo – the Mexican celebration of the fifth of May and the day Puebla was liberated from the French in 1862 – we thought it would be fun to celebrate the number five (cinco) and how it can lead to great romance (romantico) in our marriages. Here is a list of several fives worth discovering – proof that cinco es romantico:
Five Senses: Spend one evening celebrating the senses of your relationship:
- Seeing – Look at pictures from when you first fell in love. Look at current pictures and marvel at how you’ve changed, grown and fallen more in love than you imagined possible.
- Hearing – Listen to your favorite romantic song together while looking in each others eyes. Let the words of the song communicate your heart and love.
- Smelling – Light an aromatic candle with a hot bubble bath together.
- Tasting – Chocolate is a known aphrodisiac. How about some delicious fondue. No fondue forks? No problem…feed your spouse with your fingers.
- Touching – Back massage, foot and leg massage – you name the body part – the touching is the best sense when it comes to being romantico!
Five Vowels – yes, there are exactly five vowels…who knew these simple letters could be so romantico! Follow the links below for an entire list of ideas revolving around that letter:
Five Romance Languages are listed below – plan an evening celebrating one of them – or plan five evenings celebrating them all! We have a lifetime, right?
Five specific things you love most about your spouse: Take some time and write out your top five and then, read them aloud to him/her. There is something about hearing this list read by you, rather than giving it to them to read themselves that is very “romantico”. Try it and see for yourself…
- to be filled in by you…
Cinco de Mayo feliz!