Today for our five favorites we want to provide a fun way to enjoy a meal and a movie at home.
The idea is to take a movie you want to watch and prepare a meal around something from the story. It can be where the story takes place. It can be the ethnicity of the main characters. It can be copying the food from the menu of a restaurant featured in the movie. We have enjoyed doing this many times. Below are links to some we have done and some we have found on other blogs. Choose one that looks fun and plan your own Meal and a Movie.
- Movie: The King’s Speech, Meal: Veal Oscar with King Crab
- Movie: You’ve Got Mail, Meal: Sushi or choose from Cafe Lalo’s menu in the movie.
- Movie: Family Man, Meal: Diver Scallops with Artichoke Puree
- Movie: The Help, Meal: Fried Chicken, Grits, Chocolate Chess Pie and more
- Movie: The Hundred Foot Journey Meal: 29 recipes from which to choose
There are countless movies from which to choose for your Meal and a Movie Date Night. Which ones are your favorites?
(Don’t forget to find the secret letter in our Home Stretch Challenge. Hint: Look at the words highlighted in bold.)
This is our 26th post in the Ultimate Blog Challenge to post everyday in April.