Vacation. Staycation. These are both necessary ways to relax and regroup. But it takes intentionality to pull away even while away.
Today we offer 10 ways to purpose to make the most of a vacation.
- Limit time on all devices.
- Turn the TV on only to watch a movie or sports event together.
- Plan something special that each of you want to do. And be present when it’s your spouse’s turn.
- Avoid reading or watching the news.
- Take walks or ride bikes together.
- Put a jigsaw puzzle together. Try this fun idea for doing a puzzle together
- Make love often. 😊
- Deal with unresolved conflicts before heading out the door for your vacation. We talk about this in our Unpacking for Vacation post.
- Explore places you’ve never been, even if the place you’re staying is familiar.
- Take time to reflect on what you love most about your spouse each day to keep irritations at bay.
As I write we are day two into our time away at the beach. We realize how much we have needed this time together.
What plans have you made to pull away this Summer? Check out our cabin in the right sidebar. We still have many weeks available and there is no place quite like the mountains to help you slow down and relax.