We all have areas in our marriage that are in need of attention. What we do with these areas is the defining difference between a healthy marriage and an unhealthy marriage. Having a church community of friends who know and love us has helped us make it thus far. And we are doing our part to give away to younger couples what we have so generously received.
What does caring for other marriages look like for us?
- We have regular meetings in our home throughout the year encouraging couples in all stages of their marriage.
- Whenever we get with a married couple this question is asked, “How are you doing in your marriage?”
- After we ask the above question, we listen and ask more questions to understand their struggle. The conversation ends up being encouraging for all of us as we are reminded of the importance of marriage from God’s perspective.
- We read marriage books. We recommend them and we often give them away.
- We read other marriage blogs and look for ways to encourage their marriages as well. No marriage is exempt from needing encouragement and help.
- We realize we aren’t experts, but we care. Surrendering this to God allows us to be used as He desires, whenever and wherever He chooses.
We would love to be able to sit with you and your spouse to ask you how you are doing in your marriage? Since this isn’t possible, we did the next best thing; We have created a poll to find out your current struggles in marriage. Won’t you take a couple of minutes and answer the question honestly.
Our desire is for The Romantic Vineyard to be a place of hope and help in your relationship. Your answers will help us to that end as we will spend the rest of this month addressing the top two areas. So…
What are your top two?