Cabin fever is the term used for those who can’t leave their house. In our current crisis brought on by COVID-19, we must be smart and prepare. However, that doesn’t mean we have to forego pursuing our spouse. In fact, it is in times like these when we need to lean in and connect heart to heart. Who needs to go out to enjoy time together when you have all you need at home to provide a great memory.
Here are 10 Ways to make the most of cabin fever:
- Plan a dinner and a movie night. Pick a favorite movie or TV show you both enjoy. Plan a meal using the location of the movie as your inspiration. Examples: Blue Bloods (New York-style pizza), Forest Gump (Shrimp Recipes), Julie and Julia (Anything French)
- Backyard Picnic under the stars. After you have put the kids to bed, move outdoors by candlelight, soft music and your favorite beverage with dessert.
- Indoor Putt-Putt course – This takes a bit of planning, but could be so much fun. Make it even more so by incorporating some of our Romantic Putt-Putt rules to your course.
- Hide and Go Seek – This one is the Mall Version, but you can alter it to fit your home/yard/neighborhood.
- Make Your Own Pizza – have fun in the kitchen making pizza. Try kneading the dough together – very sensual.
- Step back in time and watch old TV shows like Andy Griffith Show, Bonanza, or Hawaii Five O. If possible buy store bought Frozen dinners and eat on trays while watching your favorite. Or if you like to cook, make your own version of a TV dinner. It includes an entree, starch, veggie and dessert.
- Using You Tube learn how to ballroom, salsa or square dance. Whatever you want, it’s available on You Tube.
- Set up a tent in your bedroom. If you’re able set it on your bed. Add lots of pillows and a flashlight. Tell each other scary stories you remember as kids. Don’t forget the s’mores.
- Walk Down Memory Lane – This is a great time to watch the old home videos you never seem to do. Or pull out old photo albums. Any diversion from the current state-of-affairs is good therapy.
- Pray and Worship together. How often we neglect the basics in the busyness of life. Now is the time to seize these moments to redirect our focus from fear to faith and hope.
It is our prayer that you will all stay at peace as we ride out this storm together. God will not leave us on our own to figure this out. He has promised to walk with us through the difficulty. Coronovirus is no exception.