IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are a wife and you are reading this page, please exit right away! Below are listed ways for husbands to romance their wives, and you don’t want to spoil their surprise, do you?
Here you will find ideas that will hopefully help you grow in the area of romancing your wife. The page will be added to regularly so check back often:
- Romantic Act of the Day – a blog which provides romantic ideas to help husbands love their wives in meaningful and creative ways.
- Aniversary Gifts and their meaning. Consider buying your wife an anniversary gift this year that is full of tradition and meaning. Emily Post came up with the “traditional list” in 1922. Later it was updated to include a more modern version.
- Carefully Composed Words – Proverbs 25:11″A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver.” There is nothing like a word fitly spoken or as I have heard CJ Mahaney say, “carefully composed words.” Take the time today to write a note to your wife. If you have difficulty composing your own words, you can purchase a greeting card that expresses those words for you. If you choose this route take the time to add some of your own as well. Or read up on how to write your own “love letter”.
- Pay attention to what she says is overwhelming her. Think of ways you can practically help her. For example, she may be tired of changing diapers day after day. Why not declare one evening (or Saturday, if you’re really generous!) to be Daddy’s Diaper day! You say this has nothing to do with romance? Not true – romance is caring for your wife in the everyday “little moments” of life as much, if not more than the big events.
- The Incredible Worth of a Wife, by Gary Smalley (take time to read this article – it will challenge and encourage you to be the husband God intends. It includes 10 practical ways to help your marriage grow.)
- Does your wife work outside of the home? If she does, this is a great way to surprise her and romance her in a very unexpected way: Plan a day to take her to lunch during her lunch hour. Call her and make sure she puts it on her calendar. However, this is no ordinary lunch hour. First you’ll need to pack a card table, two chairs, and table cloth. Next, pack a picnic, or pick up lunch “to go” at one of her favorite restaurants. When you arrive at her work, set up your table and chairs next to your car. Make it especially nice with fresh flowers and romantic music playing from the car stereo. Give her a call and tell her your there and ask her to meet you outside. When she walks up and sees the lunch you’ve prepared, she will certainly be surprised.
- On cold nights – warm up her side of the bed while she’s washing up in the bathroom using the blow dryer.
- Draw her a bath while she’s giving the kids a bath. Take over putting them to bed and send her to soak and relax. You might even include your ipod, if you have one, so she can listen to her favorite relaxing music. Don’t forget to light a candle!
- Give her one night a month to go and do what she wants. Consider doing it on her birthday and then, on the same date every month following for a year. You keep the kids and get them to bed.
- Arrange for a babysitter and plan a night out as a surprise
- Clean The Kitchen – do this when she least expects it, and without saying a word.
- Flowers – When was the last time you bought your wife flowers for no reason? Can’t remember? Then, it’s been too long. Did you know that flowers have different meanings? Check out this website to help you add those “carefully composed words” along with your bouquet. Your wife will not only be impressed, but she will be blessed!
Romantic Text Messaging Guide (from lovingyou.com):
Showing your feelings has never been easier since the advent of the text message. Anytime or anywhere you can instantly shoot off a message across the globe to the one you love, letting them know they are on your mind. Unfortunately, it isn’t always easy coming up with witty romantic words of love. So, to help ease your burden, we’ve come up with a whole host of romantic messages that will set your love’s heart atwitter with delight. If you have a great message that isn’t included here, let us know and we’ll include it in our list! Happy Texting!
- Let these words not only touch your eyes, let them travel through your soul, and let them rest in your heart as you rest in mine…I love you.
- You’re still the one…
- Words alone will never be able to express the depth of my love for you.
- In case you didn’t know, I’ll be loving you always and forever!!
- Just when I thought it couldn’t get better, you prove me wrong! I love you!
- Falling in love with you was the easiest thing I’ve done in my life.
- Hand in hand and heart to heart my love for you shall never part.
- Even though we are apart, my love you will never part.
- I’ll love the sun for days, the moon for nights, and YOU for forever.
- Loving you makes my heart explode with happiness.
- Rains fall, winds blow, the sun shines… it all comes naturally, just like loving you.
- Simply said… I love you…
- Being with you is like having every single one of my wishes come true.
- Loving you has been the best thing to ever happen to me!
- Just had to let you know… you’re the best! I love you!
- There is no long distance about love; it always finds a way to bring hearts together, no matter how many miles are between them.
- You are the sun in my day, the wind in my sky, the waves in my ocean, and the beat in my heart.
- I wish I was there to hold you tight instead of just send this loving, “Good Night.”
- Thank you for being the one who calms all my inner fears.
- Your love is all I’ll ever need.