This page is dedicated to the husband who wants to surprise his wife in a special way. If you would like to surprise your husband, check out our Romantic Christmas Ideas for Wives.
Christmas is the perfect time to plan a romantic memory. There are so many ways to express your love in creative ways. Take some time this year to plan something special from the list below – guaranteed she’ll never forget it!
- Romantic Countdown to Christmas by Scott Means of the Journey To Surrender blog. We love this idea to make it a special Christmas your wife won’t soon forget.
- Any Christmas gift idea for your wife should involve some thought, creativity and planning. If you combine those three elements, any romantic Christmas gift idea that you have will go over well. Because, after all, isn’t she going to put a lot of thought and effort into your Christmas gift? Truly show your love by doing the same for her this holiday season.
- The Gift of Time – Probably the best Christmas gift idea for your wife is to give her the gift of your time – turning off the Smart Phone or iPad, forgetting the to-do lists, canceling the meetings, and completely focusing your attention on her and letting her know how much she’s appreciated. Spend an evening together walking outdoors under twinkling lights, or doing something she loves to do.
- Make a photo album of the past year.
- Florida Sleigh Ride – We live in Florida, so one year I, (Tom), rented a convertible for one day. I made some hot cocoa to take with us, some warm blankets, hats, gloves and our favorite Christmas music. We drove to Mt. Dora where the Christmas lights in the town square are always a spectacle to see. It was so romantic. If you live where there are real sleigh rides, surprise your wife by taking her for a ride under a full moon. She’ll never forget it!
Here are some creative ways to give a gift. Funny how we’ll spend lots of time on buying the right gift, but think nothing of giving the gift in a special way. The ideas below are from Michael Webb’s Frugal Romance page:
- Follow the String – hide your best gift for her in a hard to find place. Attach a string to it and string it all over the house – under couch cushions, through each room and finally into the bedroom where she’s sleeping. Hand her the string and tell her a nice gift is waiting at the end. You may even want to add little gifts for her to find along the way. Guaranteed she’ll hop out of bed fast for this surprise!
- Imagine buying someone a gold ring and leaving it on the kitchen counter with a note that says “thought you might like this.” Contrast that with the gift of a ring hidden inside a rosebud that will “magically” appear as the rose blossoms in the sunlight.
- Another way in which I like to give presents to my wife is by having her find them. I will write about 7 or so clues which lead from one written clue to the next until the final clue leads to the hidden gift.
- If you want to go all out on the “treasure hunt” theme, you can give your spouse a tape in the “Mission Impossible” style giving them their assignment to locate the missing gift. Depending on the time you have and equipment available, you can even include videotaped clues which definitely would add to the overall excitement of the quest.
The Twelve Days of Christmas – December 12th marks the first day of this traditional countdown with a romantic twist. If some of these seem corny or inappropriate for your spouse – make up your own for that day. The important thing is making it truly memorable, romantic and fun for YOUR spouse:
- On the first day of Christmas… Buy your spouse one box of their favorite cereal and lace it with lots of “prizes.” Throw in some golf tees, Hershey kisses, toy cars or whatever would bring out the child in them.
- On the second day of Christmas… Take out your two engraved toasting glasses from the china cabinet and use them. Reminisce the day you first sipped from them. If you never had any engrave your own by buying some stencils and etching paste at a craft store.
- On the third day of Christmas… Have three meals together. You could go all out with breakfast in bed, a picnic lunch and a candlelit dinner. Better yet, spend less time preparing the meal and more time sharing it together.
- On the fourth day of Christmas… Put the pedal to the metal and four on the floor. Take a peaceful drive for the day. Go to the country, sight see in the city or cruise around town looking at Christmas lights.
- On the fifth day of Christmas… Fax or deliver a photocopy of your five fingers (plus the rest of your hand) to your love at work. Tell them you can’t wait to be together to hold the real thing.
- On the six day of Christmas… Give her a half dozen of her favorite flower – one at a time. Leave one on the pillow, one on her car seat, one at her office, etc.
- On the seventh day of Christmas… Count your blessings by gazing into the Heaven. If the night is overcast, arrange glow-in-the-dark ones on the bedroom ceiling.
- On the eighth day of Christmas… Buy an 8 pack of crayons and together design and color a personalized coloring book of happy memories you have shared.
- On the ninth day of Christmas… Cats aren’t the only ones with 9 lives. Take out your scrapbooks, photo albums or home movies and spend the day soaking up the sweet memories of your past lives together (adolescent, teenager, dating, engaged, married, parent) and then began planning for the future ones (empty nest, grandparent, retirement).
- On the tenth day of Christmas… Massage your sweetheart’s aching shoulders for ten minutes. Throw in a back scratch, a foot massage and a hair brushing if you are feeling extra generous.
- On the eleventh day of Christmas… Bake or buy her eleven of her favorite cookies (since most recipes make one dozen, these will be bigger than usual – she won’t complain). Stick a wooden skewer through the side of each cookie and then wrap the cookie in a colored plastic wrap. Place them in a box or vase as you would a dozen roses.
- On the twelfth day of Christmas..Present your sweetheart with a custom made twelve month calendar for the new year. Use personal photographs or your own drawings to make it unique. Highlight special days for the New Year.
Pingback: Project 52 – Advent Calendar | The Romantic Vineyard
The plan for the twelve days of Christmas is great. Very creative. Just as an exercise, I added up the cost (approximate, of course) and discovered that the cost of this plan is really no different ultimately than the cost of getting one of the Chistmas romance plans from http://www.romance-your-wife.com. In fact, I’ve been doing their plans for several years now. I can hardly wait to get their newest one this time… The Twelve Days of Christmas. I will be anxious to see how it compares to yours. Thank you for your investment in marriage!
You’re welcome Allehsh! Thank YOU for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. It means so much to us! Let us know how it compares too – we’d love to hear!
Hi Debi. Thanks for the link back. Paul Byerly pointed out yesterday in his link-back that the twelve days of Christmas actually start Christmas day or in some traditions, the day after. These are the days between Christmas and Epiphany. I had forgotten that detail from my days, way back when, in liturgical churches (Lutheran and Episcopal). I think it works either way, though: count down or count up!
Yes, you’re right, Scott! I think it would be a fun “after Christmas” tradition. Totally unexpected!
Pingback: Romantic Christmas Gifts Him | A Listly List
Pingback: What Should I Get My Wife for Christmas? | A Listly List
Thank you! I’m afraid #romance takes the back seat sometimes during the holidays. My romantic thoughts are buried under the Christmas lights, still in the box, in the garage… I, “we” needed
You’re so right. Romance often is forced to take a back seat, but if we’re intentional in pursuing our spouse, maybe it will become more front and center. Thanks for commenting!
Terrific post however I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject?
I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit
more. Thank you!
Very cool idea with the 12 days. I really love presents so I think this is a fun idea. 🙂 My husband gave me my wedding dress sketched on our wedding day, then my brother gave it to his wife for their 1 year and then my parents had one sketched for them. We are slightly addicted to this idea. We have used My Dreamlines to draw these for us! Hope this helps others.
Christmas day is one of the most awaited season of the year. The celebrations, the family gatherings, the food, and of course, the gifts. They gift is what almost everyone made more excited on the thought of Christmas. As for your very lovely wife, giving her the best gift that she will love is the priority
Pingback: Romantic Christmas Ideas for Husbands | Zewty
Pingback: Scrapbook Ideas Romantic Evenings | The Scrapbook Idea
I just couldn’t depart your web site prior to suggesting that I extremely loved the standard information a
person provide in your visitors? Is going to be back steadily in order to check out new posts
excellent put up, very informative. I wonder wwhy the opposite experts off this sector
don’t notice this. Youu must proceed your writing. I am sure, you’ve a
huge readers’ base already!
Pingback: Two Romantic Christmas Ideas To Bless Your Spouse
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, your readers. I felt the time I spent reading and taking notes from your web-site very worthwhile. Thanks again – Ynze
RE:Romantic Christmas Ideas | The Romantic Vineyard Валок КРН Стародуб
Есть такая услуга – добровольное медицинское обслуживание .
Она предполагает, что пациент платит небольшую сумму за абонемент и ходит на прием целый год бесплатно.
Однако опросы показывают, что лишь 6% жителей города знают об этом.
Да потому что частным клиникам выгоднее брать плату за каждый визит.
А если честный врач посоветует добровольное медицинское обслуживание клиенту – это сулит ему увольнением.
Эта информация уже спровоцировала кучу возмущений, сразу после того как информацию об услуге рассекретил один возмущенный врач.
Его уволили “по собственному желанию”, после того, как он посоветовал ДМО своему пациенту.
Самое удивительное, что официальные положения по ДМО находятся в открытом доступе, просто натыкались на эту информацию только случайные люди.
Как отстоять свои права?
О правилах оказания такой услуги и обязанностях частных клиник можно узнать, сделав запрос в Яндексе: “добровольное медицинское обслуживание”.
Обязательно обслуживание, а не страхование.
I have checked your blog and i have found some duplicate content, that’s why you don’t rank
high in google’s search results, but there is a tool that can help you
to create 100% unique articles, search for: Boorfe’s tips unlimited content
Great information for us Gentlemen who want to keep the romance in our marriage around ChrisTmas. Thanks for all the great ideas.
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re welcome, Eddie. We pray you have a merry and memorably romantic Christmas. 🥰