This holiday is meant to remember those who have sacrificed their lives to secure the freedoms we enjoy in our country. It is a day marked by parades, memorial services and lots of patriotic displays and music.
How can a day like this be used to romance your husband? Here are a few ideas:
- Write a Love Letter – Make this a day to share specifically your appreciation for the way they sacrifice their time, money and energy to provide for you, love you and help build your marriage. Consider writing a them a personal love letter. Not sure how? Check out this site for helpful tips!
- Attend A Memorial Day Parade – If your spouse was in the military this is a great way to honor them while honoring other veterans.
- Plan a Picnic – This will take some planning ahead of time to do this without requiring their help. Consider making their favorite picnic foods a day ahead, so the morning of Memorial Day all you have to do is pack up the family and go. Be sure to communicate at the picnic (in front of the kids, if you have them), what your husband means to you.
- Try One Of These Unique Picnic Ideas. Think you’ve heard of them all–maybe not!
- Patriotic Lingerie – Buy some red, hot and blue lingerie to help ignite a few sparks.
- War Movie Madness – Watch your husband’s favorite war movie together. Check out this list of Top 10 War Movies of all time!
- Play War, or the classic board game – Risk. Check out the comment section for a romantic twist on this game. 😉
We always play Risk. That’s our Memorial Day tradition. We’re planning a picnic with his family as it’s also his brother’s birthday weekend. And we’re hoping to watch our favorite war movie together. I love the lingerie idea! ;o) I might just have to get all patriotic in the bedroom.
I’ve only played Risk once, and I think we would still be playing if I hadn’t quit. 🙂 Seriously, it’s one of the longest games ever. I’m afraid I don’t have that long of an attention span for it. So glad your family loves it though. Happy Memorial Day weekend.
It is a long game. When it’s just my husband and I playing we make it pass faster with “strip risk.” ;o) Every time we turn in a set of cards we can select an article of clothing to come off the other person. Lots of fun if you catch my drift. Sometimes we don’t even finish the game…
Love it! Thanks for sharing your creative version. Happy gaming. 🙂
Pingback: 10 Good Clicks for Your Memorial Day Weekend plus Romantic Date Ideas « Becoming His Eve
Pingback: Spring Romantic Dating Ideas for You and Your Spouse : Marriage Missions International