This holiday is meant to remember those who have sacrificed their lives to secure the freedoms we enjoy in our country. It is a day marked by parades, memorial services and lots of patriotic displays and music.
How can a day like this be used to romance your husband? Here are a few ideas:
- Write a Love Letter – Make this a day to share specifically your appreciation for the way they sacrifice their time, money and energy to provide for you, love you and help build your marriage. Consider writing a them a personal love letter. Not sure how? Check out this site for helpful tips!
- Attend A Memorial Day Parade – If your spouse was in the military this is a great way to honor them while honoring other veterans.
- Plan a Picnic – This will take some planning ahead of time to do this without requiring their help. Consider making their favorite picnic foods a day ahead, so the morning of Memorial Day all you have to do is pack up the family and go. Be sure to communicate at the picnic (in front of the kids, if you have them), what your husband means to you.
- Try One Of These Unique Picnic Ideas. Think you’ve heard of them all–maybe not!
- Patriotic Lingerie – Buy some red, hot and blue lingerie to help ignite a few sparks.
- War Movie Madness – Watch your husband’s favorite war movie together. Check out this list of Top 10 War Movies of all time!
- Play War, or the classic board game – Risk. Check out the comment section for a romantic twist on this game. 😉