What better way to ring in the New Year than to plan something special for your husband? You can either plan something together or surprise him–both have their own romantic advantages. The following ideas are to help you “get the New Year’s Ball rolling.” 🙂
- Hotwire Night on the Town – Find an area that caters to business travelers, and check hotwire for deals in that area. Chances are you’ll get a good deal on a 4 star hotel for the night. If it’s in an area where you can walk to dinner and movie–all the better. If not, pack your own dinner of appetizers and drinks to enjoy in your room.
- A Baker’s Dozen – Since we’re saying goodbye to 2013, give him a baker’s dozen of his favorite treat.
- Hourly Countdown: Since 12 midnight is the time on everyone’s mind, why not plan to give your husband a gift every hour starting at 12 noon on New Year’s Eve. Some ideas could be his favorite foods, books, magazines, golf balls, gift card, etc. Let it be 12 things he loves but rarely buys for himself.
- Big Apple Dinner for Two: Plan a four-course dinner with apples as the featured ingredient. For example: Appetizer – Apple Walnut Gorgonzola Turnovers, Salad – Waldorf Salad, Entree – Apple Pork Chops, or Apple Halibut, Dessert – Cinnamon Apple Cake. Set your table with a mantel clock as the centerpiece. Guaranteed to be a romantic time you’ll not soon forget.
- Movie Marathon: Pick your favorite series of movies, i.e. Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Tom Hanks films, or movies set in New York, and plan to watch them one after the other. Fix snacks to go with each film and enjoy snuggling on the couch this final day of the old year.
- Make him a photo book commemorating the year. This could become an annual tradition given to him on New Year’s Day – or New Year’s Eve, whenever the time is right.