IMPORTANT NOTE: IF YOU ARE THE HUSBAND – PLEASE LEAVE THIS PAGE AT ONCE! BELOW ARE LISTED SURPRISES THAT YOUR WIFE MAY WANT TO BLESS YOU WITH SOMETIME SOON – AND YOU DON’T WANT TO SPOIL HER SURPRISE, DO YOU?
For our husband’s sake and your convenience, this list will be continually added to providing creative ideas to romance your husband throughout the year. For special holiday ideas, please refer to our drop down menu where you’ll find specific ideas for every holiday throughout the year. If you have some ideas you would like to share with us, please do! We all need help to spur one another on in this area!
- 16 Creative Ways To Show Your Husband Love and Respect, by Women Living Well Ministries
- 7 Things I Wish I’d Known Before I Got Married, by Tricia Goyer on Family Life Today.
- Does Your Husband Stink At Romance? A great post by J from the Hot, Holy and Humorous Blog.
- An excellent article from The Radical Woman blog titled, Learn To Be Married.
- How well do you know your husband? You may be surprised to discover things you do every day aren’t really the blessing you think they are. Rebecca posted a simple project on The Generous Wife blog to help you really get to know your man! Be sure to check it out! It might just change your routine forever!
- Wives Encourage Manliness through your Femininity, by Mary Farrar (reading this article will help you think Biblically as you romance your husband.)
- Take Your Vitamins – okay, this one is really personal, but I share it with you to make a point. Tom takes vitamins regularly, but I never have. I don’t like them! But just recently I realize that refusing to do this simple thing is not caring for him. He wants me to care about my health so I will be around as long as the Lord wills. Our husbands often have preferences that are important to them, but may not be to us. Romancing them means submitting to these seemingly non-important requests as a way of saying, “I love you, and I want to please you!”
- Care for your Appearance – Make sure to freshen up your makeup and hair before your husband arrives home from work. You might even spritz on some cologne and change from your ratty old t-shirt and comfy shorts. Men are attracted by sight – it’s our job to care for ourselves and make ourselves attractive to our husbands.
- Make an effort to do the things he asks you to do each day. This communicates loudly to our husbands that what he wants and needs is important to us.
Romantic Ideas For Any Occasion:
- Games for Two – Does your husband enjoy playing games? Check out this site for some sexy twists to favorite classics, like Scrabble, Monopoly and Risk. If your husband’s favorite game isn’t listed, make up your own twist. I think this site will get you thinking, and then share it with us! Simply comment on THIS page so only the wives see it.
- Double Date – I recently asked Tom if he could get off an hour early from work on the following Friday. He said he could. I told him to come pick me up. He didn’t know that Ann Roberts and I had planned a double date together. Ann told Jim the same thing – both of them were giddy with excitement. After having Tom drive all over town, we finally parked in front of the Morse Museum of American Art on Park Avenue, Winter Park. As we got out of the car – Jim and Ann met us on the sidewalk. There was a free event at the museum allowing us to walk through all the exhibits of Louis and Charles Tiffany for free. There was chamber music playing making the experience quite romantic. After spending a couple of hours in the museum – the place IS amazing! We walked to Panullo’s Italian Restaurant where we had reservations using a buy one get one $15 off coupon that is good for up to 6 people in your party. It’s easy to sign up for this coupon – just go to their website and they’ll e-mail you one every week. For under $20 we enjoyed a double date with great friends and toured the most beautiful displays of Tiffany glass in the country. Making it a surprise for the guys added to the special memory we made.
- Planning a Big Surprise – I remember when my kids were little and I wanted to buy Tom something very special for his next birthday. It was the fall and his birthday wasn’t until the following August – I had time, but no money. So, I purposed to put a tighter reign on my grocery spending squeezing out an extra $5 – $10 a week. I would hide the money in an envelope in my son’s closet. Months went by and I continued to place all extra cash – even when Tom gave me money to buy something for myself – it went in the envelope. No one could have been more surprised when I finally took the money out to count for the first time. I had saved $400! And Tom had no idea. I was so excited to be able to buy him the stereo system he had wanted for a couple of years – and the look on his face was priceless – that is once I convinced him that I hadn’t charged anything. Big gifts can be possible if you start early enough and practice self control. I can testify that it was well worth the sacrifices I made to see him enjoy my big surprise!
- In The Door Treats – when you’re husband walks in the door from work, have his favorite drink, light snack and newspaper or remote waiting for him wherever he goes first. Place a note telling him to relax and enjoy some quiet time before dinner.
- Bake something spontaneously – Once the children are in bed head to the kitchen to bake something your husband loves without telling him what you’re doing. Let his nose break the surprise. This is a great way to let our husband know that we love and care for him.
- Bake Him A Cookie Bouquet – We’ve all seen these beautiful bouquets of gourmet cookies, but did you know you can make your own homemade version? Click here to learn how! This can be even more meaningful and surprising when you do it for no special reason.
- Romance His Commute – buy or prepare your husband’s favorite cold drink and snack. Pack this in a cooler and include a romantic CD with a note saying that you were thinking of him and wanted him to have time to unwind while he drives home. Thank him for how hard he works each day! Then, sometime during the day drive to his place of employment (be sure to bring an extra set of keys to his car) and place the cooler on his seat, the CD in the player and your note on the steering wheel. He’ll be blessed from the moment he gets in the car and by the time he arrives home he’ll feel very loved and cared for.
- Five Sense Romance – Use the five senses to communicate your love and care for your husband: Smell – If you know your husband is having a rough day, have something wonderful baking or cooking as he walks in from work. The smell will draw his heart as a reminder of why he loves home, and it will communicate your love to him without words. Hear – Listen to things your husband says under his breath like, “I’m thirsty”, or “I need to take care of such and such”. Make this your first priority so that your husband will be amazed at how you knew exactly what he was wanting or needing to do. Touch – Reach out and take his arm or hold his hand no matter where you are. This communicates not only to him that you love him, but it’s also a demonstration to the world that you belong to one another. Taste – make it a regular habit to surprise your husband with his favorites (ice cream or coffee after dinner, a cold drink waiting for him when he goes to the bedroom to change after work). See – look for any and every opportunity to encourage him when he does something romantic for you that is unexpected. Often times our husbands do little things for us, that we don’t even notice because we’re distracted. (Taraleigh, a good friend, recently found a recipe to make hot brownies for her husband in the crockpot. She timed it so they would be ready when he walked in the door from work. She says the recipe is wonderful – you can find it HERE.)