We hope you enjoyed a long weekend with family and friends – celebrating the freedom purchased for us by the brave men and women of the armed forces. We are blessed to live in such a country that not only acknowledges greatness when it happens, but remembers it when the great ones have passed from this life.
Now it’s time to start planning a great date with your spouse. Here’s what’s happening around town:
- Lake Eola presents Rockin’ Lake Eola on Friday, June 4th beginning at 5p. This week’s features Led Hed with a tribute to Led Zeppelin.
- Leu Gardens – Date Night in the Garden on Friday, June 4th. Garden opens at 6p. and this month’s movie: Houseboat begins at 8:30p. Cost is $7 for nonmembers and FREE for members.
- Sanford – Hot Summer Nights – the annual show and sale featuring all new work from the studio artists of Gallery on First will open Saturday, June 5th. A tropical themed reception is slated from 6 to 9pm.
- Altamonte Springs – Cranes Roost Park presents Friday Night Live Unplugged on June 4th from 7p – 9p. Cost is FREE.
- New Smyrna Beach – Turtle Watch2010 takes place June 2nd – 30th from 8p to midnight. You must call to request tickets. The cost is $14 per person – see link for more details.
- Casselberry – Country Festival and Concert on Saturday, June 5th beginning at 3p. Lake Concord Park behind City Hall. Cost is FREE.
- Kissimmee – 125th Annual Silver Spurs Rodeo – Saturday and Sunday, June 5th and 6th. Cost is $15 per person.