We hope you have had an enjoyable weekend celebrating our nation’s birthday! There’s something very romantic about watching fireworks light up the night sky. We started to spend the evening watching the fireworks in Sanford, but the rain chased us away! Instead we came home and watched a spectacular display of fireworks on television in New York Harbor. Our favorite song was The Battle Hymn of the Republic – the cry of our hearts for our nation.
In case you missed it last week, we have an exciting challenge for the Wives who read our blog – check it out in the Wives Only Room! Let us know what you think!
Now for what’s happening in our area:
- Winter Park – Popcorn Flicks in the Park on Thursday, July 8th from 8p – 10p. This month’s feature presentation is Men In Black. As always – the movie and the popcorn are FREE.
- Winter Park Playhouse – My Favs, by Andrea Canny on Friday, July 9th beginning at 7:30p. A night of Andrea’s favorite songs and stories. Tickets $15.
- College Park – Farmer’s Market on Thursday, July 8th from 5p – 9p. FREE.
- Lake Eola – Rockin’ Lake Eola on Friday, July 9th beginning at 5p. FREE
- Altamonte Springs – Uptown Open Mic Night on Thursday, July 8th from 7p – 9p. Sponsored by First Baptist Church of Altamonte Springs.
- Altamonte Sprigs – Uptown presents Friday Night Live Unplugged. On Friday, July 9th Matt Shenk will be performing from 8p – 10p. FREE.
- Altamonte Springs – Uptown Sunset Cinema on Saturday, July 10th beginning at 8p. Enjoy a family friendly movie outside under the stars. FREE.
- Sanford – Alive After 5 International Night on Thursday, July 8th from 5p to 8p. $7 admission.
- Harry P. Leu Gardens – In honor of Independence Day the gardens will be FREE all day Monday, July 5th.
- Daytona Beach Bandshell – presents the Summer Concert Series on Saturday, July 10th from 7p – 10p. The featured band is Docs of Dixie (dixieland). Cost is FREE.
- Pointe Orlando – is offering dining specials at several restaurants from July 1st through September 30th. The prixe fixe dining program is called Savor The Summer. Prices range from $15 – $30.
- Clermont – Summer Music Series at the Lakeridge Winery on Saturday, July 10th at 1p. Admission FREE.