We have never been a runners much less considered participating in a marathon; but we know it requires hours and hours of training to get your body in shape to endure the race and finish well. We imagine after the joy of accomplishing such a goal becomes simply a memory, there is a temptation to take it easy, to sit back and relax. After all, you just completed a marathon, right?
Those who run do so because it is part of who they are. They don’t run simply to compete in the race. They race because they run!
The week after Valentine’s Day can seem anticlimactic in regards to romance, especially if you planned and enjoyed a wonderful time together. But do we romance our spouse because it’s Valentine’s Day or do we enjoy Valentine’s Day because we regularly romance our spouse? It is our prayer it is becoming more and more the latter as we purpose to pursue each other everyday!
Enjoy these ideas to help you get back on track in practicing regular times to celebrate together.
Fun Dates To Celebrate:
- National Sticky Bun Day – wrap one up for your sweetie for tomorrow’s breakfast
- President’s Day – serve up some cherry pie.
- International World Thinking Day – play Suduko or another brainy game, like Chess.
- National Margarita Day – Ole’
- National Banana Bread Day – I have the best recipe for this EVER! If you don’t believe me, give it a try. I got it from my mom!
- Play Tennis Day – This would be fun even if you aren’t good at it.
- National Tortilla Chip Day – make some delicious nachos to enjoy after the kids are in bed!
- National Chili Day – have a chili cook-off with another couple. See who makes the best!
- National Chocolate Covered Nuts Day – Yep, there really is a day so named – who knew? Enjoy!
- National Pistachio Day – pick up a bag to shell and eat or go out for ice cream!
- Tell A Fairy Tale Day – make up a story together based on your marriage and share it with your children. Take turns telling it.
- International Polar Bear Day – enjoy a Klondike Bar!
- National Kahlua Day – I found this recipe for making your own Kahlua. Sounds interesting and would make a nice gift for those who like it!
Now for what’s happening around Orlando this week:
- Winter Park – Music At The Casa on Sunday, February 27th from 12p – 3p. FREE.
- Altamonte Springs – Crane’s Roost Park will host Coppers ‘n Choppers on Saturday, February 26th from 12p. to 5p.
- Sanford – Fourth Fridays – Celebrating the Arts will take place in historic downtown Sanford from 6p – 8:30p. This month’s theme is Landscapes Near And Far. The event is FREE.
- New Smyrna Beach – 49th Annual Arts Fiesta will take place February 26th and 27th at Old Fort Park. 9a – 5p. FREE.
- New Smyrna Beach – Hawaiian Open and Luau – Thursday, February 24th from 5p – 10p. This is a fun event where an 18 hole Putt Putt course is set up on Flagler Avenue. Players compete to finish all 18 holes and enter their completed score card for a chance to win a trip to Hawaii. Cost to play is $10, FREE to watch.
- Casselberry – Latin Jazz Concert featuring the music of Arturo Sandoval at Lake Concord Park. Concert begins at 6p. FREE.
- Celebration Art and Wine Stroll – Saturday, February 26th from 5:30p – 9p. FREE.