Tomorrow is our monthly Here’s To Us Challenge. Tell us about something this past month where you’ve celebrated an ordinary moment making it extraordinary. Please take some time to share yours with us by commenting on this post by midnight tonight. We’ll select one entry by using Random.org to win this month’s gift card to your favorite restaurant. Be sure to read tomorrow’s post where we’ll reveal our winner! We look forward to hearing about your special Here’s To Us moment!
♥ Fun Dates To Celebrate ♥
- National Cheese Fondue Day – a great excuse to enjoy some great cheese. Be sure to take a picture – saying “cheese,” of course.
- National Peach Cobbler Day – what else needs to be said, except pick up some vanilla ice cream! Try Paula Deen’s recipe – we think it’s the BEST!
- Scrabble Day – Woo Hoo! Tom said if I’d bake peach cobbler, he’d play Scrabble with me. DEAL!
- National Stress Awareness Day – since this day follows National Tax Day, it’s expected this day would be in need of some serious stress relief. How do you spell relief? S-E-X?
- National Cheeseball Day
♥ Now for what’s happening this week in Orlando ♥
- Harry P. Leu Gardens – Annual Rose Show on Saturday, April 16th. FREE.
- Maitland – Spring Festival of the Arts around beautiful Lake Lily. Saturday and Sunday, April 16th and 17th. Admission is FREE.
- Winter Park – Music at the Casa, Sunday, April 17th from 12p – 3p. FREE.
- Winter Park – Popcorn Flicks in the Park – Tuesday, April 12th in Central Park. The featured film is The Yearling and starts at 8p. As always the movie and the popcorn are FREE.
- Sanford – Alive After Five Shrimp Shindig on Thursday, April 14th from 5p – 8p. Cost is $7 and includes food and drink samples.
- Oviedo – Taste of Oviedo will be held on Saturday, April 16th from 10a to 6p. Samples will be available and range from $1 to $4.50.
- Casselberry – German American Society presents German SpringFest 2011. On Saturday, April 16th come enjoy authentic German food and drink along with great Oompah bands. Cost is $5 and the gate opens at 2p.
- Universal Portofino Bay Resort – Harbor Nights Primavera will take place on Friday, April 15th at 6:30p. Cost is $35 and includes food and drinks.
- Orange County Convention Center – Central Florida Home and Garden Show – April 15th – 17th. Check website for tickets pricing and hours.
- Clermont – Lake Ridge Winery hosts the Blues at the Winery event on Saturday and Sunday, April 16th and 17th. Cost is $2.
♥ Make the most of your time together ♥