Mark Your Calendar

Tomorrow is our monthly Here’s To Us Challenge. Tell us about something this past month where you’ve celebrated an ordinary moment making it extraordinary.  Please take some time to share yours with us by commenting on this post by midnight tonight. We’ll select one entry by using Random.org to win this month’s gift card to your favorite restaurant.  Be sure to read tomorrow’s post where we’ll reveal our winner!  We look forward to hearing about your special Here’s To Us moment!

_____________________________________________

Fun Dates To Celebrate

11th

• National Cheese Fondue Day – a great excuse to enjoy some great cheese.  Be sure to take a picture – saying “cheese,” of course.

13th

• National Peach Cobbler Day – what else needs to be said, except pick up some vanilla ice cream!  Try Paula Deen’s recipe – we think it’s the BEST!
  • Scrabble Day – Woo Hoo!  Tom said if I’d bake peach cobbler, he’d play Scrabble with me.  DEAL!

16th

• National Stress Awareness Day – since this day follows National Tax Day, it’s expected this day would be in need of some serious stress relief.  How do you spell relief?  S-E-X?

17th

• National Cheeseball Day

_____________________________________________

Now for what’s happening this week in Orlando

CENTRAL

NORTH

EAST

• Oviedo – Taste of Oviedo will be held on Saturday, April 16th from 10a to 6p.  Samples will be available and range from $1 to $4.50.
  • Casselberry – German American Society presents German SpringFest 2011.  On Saturday, April 16th come enjoy authentic German food and drink along with great Oompah bands.  Cost is $5 and the gate opens at 2p.

SOUTH

• Universal Portofino Bay Resort – Harbor Nights Primavera will take place on Friday, April 15th at 6:30p.  Cost is $35 and includes food and drinks.
  • Orange County Convention Center – Central Florida Home and Garden Show – April 15th – 17th.  Check website for tickets pricing and hours.

WEST

• Clermont – Lake Ridge Winery hosts the Blues at the Winery event on Saturday and Sunday, April 16th and 17th.  Cost is $2.

_____________________________________________

♥  Make the most of your time together  ♥

This entry was posted in Creative Dates, Date Night Ideas, Fun Dates, Mark Your Calendars (time sensitive). Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Mark Your Calendar

1. Bob and I had a fun, silly moment as we toasted the launch of my new blog. Bob grilled steaks and we lifted a glass to each other. My laptop, complete with my blog on the screen, also joined us at the table. It just seemed wrong not to include it.

2. Lori says:

We had to unexpectedly put down our family cat this past Saturday. I could not be in the room while the Doctor put down my sweet boy. My husband stayed and held him, telling him it was okay while he took his last breath. I’m so thankful for him.

Lori – we’re sad to hear of your loss. What a blessing to have a husband who will care for you in these moments too.

3. Bonita Slaymaker says:

A funny thing happened one fine gardening day!

Wayne and I were out doing our routine/mundane yard work one Saturday afternoon. We tugged at and pulled out weeds, swept off the driveway, replanted, snipped here, lopped there, etc… Finally, as the day was nearing the end, I asked Wayne if he would like to lay out in our hammock (nailed between two trees) with me and rest up. He and I both positioned ourselves to carefully sit down together, before we were to skillfully position ourselves in the laying out position… Next thing ya know…PLUNK!!

We found ourselves flat on the ground…(only about two feet down)…We began laughing at the ‘sight’ of it…Too funny…but while we were on the ground, we happened to notice a tiny wee flower that ‘just happened’ to be growing in an ‘out-of-the-way’ spot in the leaves. How sweet to ‘rest’ among nature’s beauty!

It was great to enjoy such a silly event and laugh at ourselves… 🙂

4. Claire says:

Last week, I was helping my husband take the garbage out to the alley one evening, and we both took a moment to stop and look at the sunset. It was a beautiful moment to stop and take a few deep breaths together in the middle of a busy day.

5. Leslie Barton says:

We had an impromptu celebration of spring over the weekend. We had planned on grilling some chicken for dinner, but when we noticed just how beautiful the weather was outside, we made an occasion out of it.

After cleaning the pollen off the patio table and setting a center piece of our seedlings for our garden, we enjoyed a wonderful dinner under the blue skies. The birds provided the background music and the slight cool breeze kept the temperature just right. We even had a pair of bees to buzz around and provide some entertainment. It was a wonderful evening.

6. Kristen Jones says:

Jeremy and I sat in our bed on an ordinary night and read out loud our testimonies to each other that we were planning to share the next night at our church. It was a very special moment for us both and ended with us in tears at the gratefulness of God’s work in our lives 🙂

7. Jessica Etheridge says:

My husband and I of a year and a half have started clinking our glasses together and saying “Cheers” at any time of the day. Whether we are drinking milk or our favorite cherry limeade, it makes us both laugh and make the moment together feel special.

8. awwmommy says:

While packing up our house I came across some old pictures. I found one of the first day I met Seth and I also found the old journal I kept during that time. I was able to show it to him and read the journal entries I had written at the time. It was a good laugh in the midst of a sad season in my life.

9. Noelle says:

While I was on Bed-rest for five weeks, George and I didn’t get much time alone together because of the blessing of so much help we were so so blessed with and with his taking care of all my responsibilities as well as his own. One afternoon during our two year old’s nap-time we purposed to just sit and talk without the tv on and with nothing else “getting done”.. He joined me on my home for five weeks, the couch, and we just spent undistracted time together. I’m so grateful for the way that he served me during those weeks, and I’m also so grateful to be off of bedrest ready to welcome this baby! =)

10. Allie O says:

Chris is such a thoughtful hubby. Sunday (my Bday) we all went to my fave beach. He had purchased 2 kites, bubbles, and filled a cheery insulated picnic basket with a gourmet picnic.

Some have said they would’ve wanted the day “off” from the kids- and those times are special! But as we toasted my bday w bubbly and enjoyed one another in the midst of the family the Lord has blessed us with, I was incredibly thankful for my amazing hubby!! We can be fully in the midst of 6 kiddos & still get lost in each other. I love this man. 🙂

What do you think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s