This is another busy week for us – the third of four weddings this summer will take place on Saturday. The Bride and Groom will share their vows in front of a room full of witnesses, and will become by God’s power – One Flesh. We never tire of it, although the planning can be a bit tedious with the deadlines and all. But when the kiss finally seals the deal, we’ll realize all the late nights and last minute changes will have been worth it.
How about you? Is planning and working towards a special time with your spouse worth the effort? Do you need an idea for a creative date night this week? We want to help.
Look over the list of actual holidays taking place this week. Certainly there’s something which appeals to your sense of creativity. If not, there are a few things happening in town, but even that list is limited. The Dog Days of Summer have settled into the city making everyone a bit laid back and lazy.
But we must ask the question, “When was the last time you planned a date with your spouse?” This isn’t something to be added to your list of things to do – like the wedding we’re working on this week. No, time alone with your spouse should be the highlight of your week. We will have our weekly date tonight – Lord willing – and even though all our kids are grown and every night looks pretty much the same for us, there’s still something special about having a night we call “our own.”
If none of the ideas below stir your heartstrings, why not browse the right side bar where we’ve stored many ideas over the past 2 1/2 years. Most of all, anticipate time together. We pray your date night will be a blessing to you and yours!
♥ Fun Dates To Celebrate ♥
- Culinarians Day – Do you love to cook? Plan a special evening and cook together in the kitchen. Don’t forget to kiss the cook – it’s tradition!
- All or Nothing Day – this day is described as being really good or really bad. We suggest to turn it around and make it all good – Plan tonight to go “ALL” the way wearing “NOTHING” with your spouse. 🙂
- Take Your Pants For A Walk Day – We promise, we didn’t make this one up. Basically the idea of this holiday is to go for a walk. We love walking around a beautiful park together. A simple, cheap and enjoyable date night.
- National Milk Chocolate Day – grab a bag of kisses and have a sweet night together. You could go out for some chocolate fondue.
- National Lasagna Day – no explanation needed with this one!
- National Cheesecake Day – go to a nearby restaurant like Cheesecake Factory and buy one slice to go. Sit together on a park bench and enjoy each bite.
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
- Winter Park – Music at the Casa on Sunday, July 31st from 12p – 3p. FREE. This day Catherine Way will perform on her Solo Harp.
- Clermont – Lakeridge Winery presents the final day of the Summer Music Series on Saturday, July 30th from 1p – 4p. Admission is FREE.