This post may seem late, but to our bodies it’s (yawn) morning. We’re still adjusting to the time change from Phoenix time to Orlando time. It’s usually a two hour difference, but AZ doesn’t participate in Daylight Saving Time, sooo we’re three hours behind schedule today. <sigh> But we’ll get there. We’re grateful to be home again, which is one of the best parts of going away – it provides a fresh appreciation for the routine of life and the comforts of home, all unpacking and dirty laundry aside. 🙂
♥ Fun Dates To Celebrate ♥
- Johnny Appleseed Day – This is a great day to enjoy apples in all forms. Why not plan a special dinner with apples in each dish? Could be fun. Here is a link to lots of great recipes to try!
- Ask A Stupid Question Day – Is it a stupid questions to ask, “Why do we need an ask a stupid question day?” Hmmm. However, if you’re prone to asking such questions – then this is your day – Have at it!
- National Good Neighbor Day – and we’re not talking State Farm! Plan to do something special as a couple for a neighbor in need. Or have them over for dessert.
- National Mud Pack Day – If you have the funds, it might be fun to send your wife to the spa for this ancient facial treatment. Or your could go together and stop for Mud Pie for dessert. If you’re really motivated try this site for 25 facial mask recipes! (Warning – one recipe offered is a cat litter mask – ew! Skip that one, or at least don’t tell anyone if you choose to try it.)
- International Frugal Fun Day – Now this is a day we could really get into celebrating. Follow the link above for some cheap ways to celebrate. Or check out our Cheap Dates category or our D.R.A.B. Date Ideas™. (The acronym stands for Does Not Require A Babysitter!)
- World Vegetarian Day – Make a big, fresh salad with a bowl of Vegetable soup.
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
This is the final week for September and Magical Dining Month at many area restaurants.
- Maitland – Lake Lily Art Under The Stars event will take place Friday, Sept. 30th through Sunday, October 2nd. Art exhibits and FREE entertainment.
- Altamonte Springs – Uptown Altamonte presents Friday Night Live on September 30th from 8p – 10p. FREE.
- The Plaza Theatre presents SingLive USA on Saturday, October 1st. Doors open at 6p. The show begins at 7p. Tickets are $22.
- Epcot Food and Wine Festival begins September 30th through November 13th.