When we last posted we were “giddy” with excitement about our vacation. We couldn’t wait to pull away in order to have undistracted time together. Now we are home, and our vacation has become another memory to tuck away in the scrapbook of our hearts. It was everything we’d hoped it would be and more.
First, we want to say a huge THANK YOU to all of our friends who provided excellent guests posts for us last week. We can tell by the comments and the traffic how much you benefitted from their writing, which is exactly what we knew would happen. What gifts they are to Christian marriages! So thank you to:
The Generous Husband and The Generous Wife
There is a question we always ask each other when a special time or vacation has come to an end. It is this, “What was your favorite part of our time together?” Knowing we’re going to ask ourselves this question at the end of the week helps us notice those moments as they are happening. We’ll often say, “I think what we’re doing right now will be my favorite memory.”
You know what has actually started happening? We are finding ourselves with more than one favorite, and this is certainly allowed. We have ended up looking for favorites each day, embracing the adventure when things don’t go as planned, and being grateful for whatever it is we get to do. It helps us be present in the moment, instead of looking for what’s around the corner.
Try it the next time you’re planning something special and see if you don’t have more to be grateful for as the time comes to an end. This has certainly been the case for us.
♥ Things To Do In Orlando ♥
Father’s Day is Sunday, so we’re sharing this list of 10 Ways to Celebrate Father’s Day in Central Florida. You can also check out our Only Wives tab at the top for some ways to romance your man this Father’s Day.
- Winter Park – Popcorn Flicks In The Park is on Thursday, June 14th in Central Park. This month’s feature is: Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and begins at 8p. FREE.
- Winter Park – Second Thursdays in Hannibal Square is a fun night with live music and discounted food and drinks. The fun begins at 6p and goes until 10p.
- Sanford – Alive After Five on Thursday, June 14th at 5p. Admission is $7 and includes samples of food and drinks. The theme for this month is Blues & Barbeque.
- Altamonte Springs – Jazz Jams Uptown on Saturday, June 16th from 7p – 10p. The cost is FREE and the live music will be provided by Nick Colionne.
- New Smyrna Beach – Summer Solstice Regatta will take place on Saturday and Sunday, June 16th and 17th. All who would like to view the sailing vessels from the shore can watch from Toni & Joe’s Patio, 309 Buenos Aires Street, NSB. See site for details.
I am SO glad you two were able to get away and be refreshed! What a HUGE blessing!
Thanks, Jason. It was exactly what we’d hoped for and more. God is good, and we are refreshed.
Always nice to get away… glad you are back and ready to encourage others in this process.
Thanks, Sharon. It’s good to be home.