IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are a wife and you are reading this page, please exit right away! Below are listed ways for husbands to romance their wives, and you don’t want to spoil their surprise, do you?
Here you will find ideas that will hopefully help you grow in the area of romancing your wife. The page will be added to regularly so check back often:
- Romantic Act of the Day – a blog which provides romantic ideas to help husbands love their wives in meaningful and creative ways.
- Aniversary Gifts and their meaning. Consider buying your wife an anniversary gift this year that is full of tradition and meaning. Emily Post came up with the “traditional list” in 1922. Later it was updated to include a more modern version.
- Carefully Composed Words – Proverbs 25:11″A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver.” There is nothing like a word fitly spoken or as I have heard CJ Mahaney say, “carefully composed words.” Take the time today to write a note to your wife. If you have difficulty composing your own words, you can purchase a greeting card that expresses those words for you. If you choose this route take the time to add some of your own as well. Or read up on how to write your own “love letter”.
- Pay attention to what she says is overwhelming her. Think of ways you can practically help her. For example, she may be tired of changing diapers day after day. Why not declare one evening (or Saturday, if you’re really generous!) to be Daddy’s Diaper day! You say this has nothing to do with romance? Not true – romance is caring for your wife in the everyday “little moments” of life as much, if not more than the big events.
- The Incredible Worth of a Wife, by Gary Smalley (take time to read this article – it will challenge and encourage you to be the husband God intends. It includes 10 practical ways to help your marriage grow.)
- Does your wife work outside of the home? If she does, this is a great way to surprise her and romance her in a very unexpected way: Plan a day to take her to lunch during her lunch hour. Call her and make sure she puts it on her calendar. However, this is no ordinary lunch hour. First you’ll need to pack a card table, two chairs, and table cloth. Next, pack a picnic, or pick up lunch “to go” at one of her favorite restaurants. When you arrive at her work, set up your table and chairs next to your car. Make it especially nice with fresh flowers and romantic music playing from the car stereo. Give her a call and tell her your there and ask her to meet you outside. When she walks up and sees the lunch you’ve prepared, she will certainly be surprised.
- On cold nights – warm up her side of the bed while she’s washing up in the bathroom using the blow dryer.
- Draw her a bath while she’s giving the kids a bath. Take over putting them to bed and send her to soak and relax. You might even include your ipod, if you have one, so she can listen to her favorite relaxing music. Don’t forget to light a candle!
- Give her one night a month to go and do what she wants. Consider doing it on her birthday and then, on the same date every month following for a year. You keep the kids and get them to bed.
- Arrange for a babysitter and plan a night out as a surprise
- Clean The Kitchen – do this when she least expects it, and without saying a word.
- Flowers – When was the last time you bought your wife flowers for no reason? Can’t remember? Then, it’s been too long. Did you know that flowers have different meanings? Check out this website to help you add those “carefully composed words” along with your bouquet. Your wife will not only be impressed, but she will be blessed!
Romantic Text Messaging Guide (from lovingyou.com):
Showing your feelings has never been easier since the advent of the text message. Anytime or anywhere you can instantly shoot off a message across the globe to the one you love, letting them know they are on your mind. Unfortunately, it isn’t always easy coming up with witty romantic words of love. So, to help ease your burden, we’ve come up with a whole host of romantic messages that will set your love’s heart atwitter with delight. If you have a great message that isn’t included here, let us know and we’ll include it in our list! Happy Texting!
- Let these words not only touch your eyes, let them travel through your soul, and let them rest in your heart as you rest in mine…I love you.
- You’re still the one…
- Words alone will never be able to express the depth of my love for you.
- In case you didn’t know, I’ll be loving you always and forever!!
- Just when I thought it couldn’t get better, you prove me wrong! I love you!
- Falling in love with you was the easiest thing I’ve done in my life.
- Hand in hand and heart to heart my love for you shall never part.
- Even though we are apart, my love you will never part.
- I’ll love the sun for days, the moon for nights, and YOU for forever.
- Loving you makes my heart explode with happiness.
- Rains fall, winds blow, the sun shines… it all comes naturally, just like loving you.
- Simply said… I love you…
- Being with you is like having every single one of my wishes come true.
- Loving you has been the best thing to ever happen to me!
- Just had to let you know… you’re the best! I love you!
- There is no long distance about love; it always finds a way to bring hearts together, no matter how many miles are between them.
- You are the sun in my day, the wind in my sky, the waves in my ocean, and the beat in my heart.
- I wish I was there to hold you tight instead of just send this loving, “Good Night.”
- Thank you for being the one who calms all my inner fears.
- Your love is all I’ll ever need.
I agree with this sentiment 100%. I have found in recent years that if I pick up a card, write a note in it then mail it to my wife, she is much more appreciative as opposed to handing it to her. I also found it fun if the kids bring in the mail since they get to share in the “secret”.
Pingback: Passing On the Link Love!
Pingback: Romance is Lovely « The Romantic Vineyard
I am new to this site and looking for ways to romance my wife.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Freebie Friday: Sparkle for Your Man | The Romantic Vineyard
Pingback: And We’re Off | The Romantic Vineyard
Pingback: Fragrant Aroma: We’re Two Today! | The Romantic Vineyard
Pingback: 2010 in Review | The Romantic Vineyard
My wife and I celebrated a 25th anniversary celebration with a ceremony on a beach at a beautiful resort. It was surprisingly reasonable (about 1,000). We had all three children and some family members. I arranged a sitdown dinner with a reasonable fixed menu, and a one hour cocktail hour. I wrote some things for the children (one wrote on his own). It was great and a memorable experience.
Sounds wonderful. Happy Anniversary – 25 years is something to celebrate!
Any help for those separated and the wife is not wanting the husband anymore? She says: “I love you but don’t want to be married to you anymore”. What can you suggest for those separated? What are ways to help her reconcile without making her feel that it’s controlling or manipulating or inappropriate at this stage?
First, we would suggest you pray continually for God to change her heart – this is the most important step in the pursuit of reconciliation. Next, are you familiar with the Love Dare 40 Day challenge? It’s from the movie -Fireproof. We share the 40 day challenges on the tab by the same name at the top of our page. Check it out. Lastly, we would recommend going to counseling together. If she won’t go with you then go alone. If that isn’t an option, then check out Christian Counseling Educational Foundation. They have a wealth of great videos and articles on the topic of Marriage and Divorce. And all of their counsel is sound, biblical advice. We couldn’t recommend them more.
We pray these resources will help you find the help you need.
May God lead and guide you through this dark valley!
Tom and Debi
Wow, I thank you for your reply. It was very nice and helpful. Yes, I am familiar with Love Dare. I have the movie, calendar, pocket cards, and the Love Dare app and I personally am ready to apply them with my wife if I can ever be with her.
So much of the information that God has put in front of me has been a perfect theme in my life these past 6 months. Never have I ever thought this was her desire for both of us are believers. It was a shock when she said she didn’t want to stay married to me.
In many ways it has been a blessing to me because it has allowed me to get to know God in a more intimate way. I am still believing that God will put in front of her, things that will help her know and see His Truth in marriage which will allow her to see me in a different way.
It really doesn’t make sense in her decision but her family issues may be the issue since all of her siblings and parents have had several divorces each and many are currently living with others outside of marriage. Her sister is giving her marital advice who has divorce 3x & living w/ a guy.
Without me sharing more, I am blessed in many ways, so thank you. Love Dare has task and projects that I cannot do with her since it’s a form of manipulation to get her to reconcile, so I am Trusting God to work in her life as I am trying to give her time and space. No…she refuses to go to counseling at this stage. I will check out CCEF (PS: I really am blessed to know that I found your app. It has already allowed God to speak to my heart through what I have read. Thank you!)
God bless you in the days and weeks ahead. He is in control whether it feels like He is or not. We’re praying for you!
Tom and Debi
I desperately need to love my wife; otherwise how can we continue living together(lol)?
Remembering that love is a choice, not a feeling helps our marriage grow in the midst of difficulty. God will help you–He hears desperate prayer.
Pingback: A Romance Reference Guide | Engaged Marriage
Pingback: ROMANTIC TIPS For Husbands and Wives - Marriage Missions International : Marriage Missions International
My wife and I have been together almost ten years. We’ve been married for four. In the beginning we moved fast and I made some mistakes of chatting and having inappropriate convos with other woman. She said he could move on and forget about it since none of them were physical. We got married and had our 3rd child that changed everything. We started disconnecting, and fighting. This year I just twenty found out she’s been having an affair for the past 6months. She blamed the recent issues as well as my issues in the beginning. My question is how do we get past our problems and how do I forgive her for what she did?
We’re so sorry to hear of the struggles you’re facing. Our advice? Seek counsel at a local church that supports and encourages godly marriages. Your problems are too much to cover adequately via electronic communication. You both need someone who can talk with you face to face. We’ve seen God restore broken marriages when they seek Him for help and change. We pray you find the right mentors to walk with you to a better marriage.
Tom and Debi
There’s no real reason not to anymore: the internet makes it possible to connect with absolutely anyone who has a website, blog, e-mail address, or other
online communication method available. In the world today, there is an alarming increasing rate of people suffering from hypertension and
heart diseases and diabetes. The second thing is you feel great
because you gave the best gift. From the old school flasks and steins, to humidors,
poker sets, flash drives, baseball bats, or a stylish cherry keepsake box with engraved
plate on top.
Pingback: How to Rekindle a Relationship - Active Manhood