While the world celebrates Happy Hour trying to forget reality, we celebrate Happy Hour by highlighting great marriage blog posts worth reading. God has linked us together via the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association, so it is with full confidence that we recommend the follow posts for your weekend reading pleasure.
Encourage Your Spouse
- Encouraging Words: Befriend – A great post about the importance of being your spouse’s best friend.
- The Value of Friendliness Works In Marriage Too – Robert, husband to Lori of Encourage Your Spouse blog above, offers his take on the same topic of befriending your spouse.
Hot, Holy & Humorous
- Create An Intimacy Timeline – Love this idea from J to help you see objectively how you’re doing as a couple when it comes to sex.
Intimacy In Marriage
- Do You Embrace Being Called Your Husband’s Wife? – Julie brings up the point of sending cards addressed to “Mrs. [husband's name] Jones” is a generational thing? Do you agree?
Journey To Surrender
- A Haven In Your Home – Another post by Jenni sharing something quite romantic that her husband did for her when they were facing a highly stressful season in their marriage.
Marriage By Design
- Sex and Chores? – If you have been tempted to withhold intimacy with your spouse for ANY reason, this post is a must-read.
- What Is In Your Legacy Drawer? Are You Prepared? – Another great reminder to make time to do the things of most importance.
My Beloved Is Mine
- Do You Pray With Your Wife? – The key word here is WITH. Jason offers an excellent post on why this is necessary for a healthy marriage.
One Flesh Marriage
- Flirting With Disaster – an excellent post that comes as a warning for wives from Kate. You may not realize these things are dangerous, so take a few minutes to read this post. It may keep you from disaster.
- Four Ways To Destroy Your Marriage – this is in response to Kate’s post to the wives and is meant for the husbands to read. However, it easily applies to the wives as well.
Stupendous Marriage Show
- How Do I Get My Wife To Do Something I Want Her To Do? – A great question and one Stu and Lisa discuss on their 40th podcast.
The Generous Husband
- Don’t Let Your Strengths Become Your Weaknesses – Never even thought this thought before – guys, check it out!
- Don’t Let Your Strengths Cause Blind Spots – a follow-up from the first post.
The Generous Wife
- How Inconvenient – Are you willing to be inconvenienced by your spouse? In order to be kind and generous to others it must start at home.
To Love, Honor and Vacuum
- Storming The Castle – Do you tend to storm the castle or do you knock on the castle door and suggest a compromise?