We hope our Romanticize Your Bedroom Contest inspired you to look differently at how you keep your bedroom safe from the clutter of everyday life. This must become a daily habit, not an annual project in order for romance to flourish in our marriages.
In talking with a friend recently who was asking for help with her master bedroom, I realized that many get tripped up by their lack of money to buy something new. Here are a few tips to help you make your space romantic without spending much, if any.
- Raise Your Bed frame. Does your bed sit low to the ground? Does your dust ruffle drag the floor? Consider propping your bed up on wood planks, bricks, or if you have the cash – you can buy Bed Lifts made specifically for this purpose. This will dramatically add to your room.
- Make your bed like they do in hotels. Here are detailed instructions on how to do it right!
- Make your bed everyday – don’t like this daily chore? Here are 8 tips to help make this a habit!
- Look around your home for pictures, plaques, candles and holders, or anything that you enjoy. Consider rotating them to your bedroom. This is something I do often – move pictures around, change out displays on dressers, move a centerpiece from its original place to a strategic dresser or shelf, or take a table runner and use it on the dresser. Why? When we leave things in the place they have always been they become invisible to us. By moving them, suddenly we take notice and appreciate it as if it were new.
- Move an area rug to your bedroom.
- Keep your room clean. Here’s a step by step guide for how to do it in only 10 minutes! And now is the perfect weather for airing your pillows in the fresh dry air! Click here for details!
Even though our contest is over (look for our winner to be announced next Friday, May 8th), we hope you’ll continue to work on romanticizing your bedroom. But make sure you take pictures as you go – you never know when we’ll have another contest! Have a great weekend!
Don’t forget Orlando Restaurant Week begins today!