We can’t wait for cooler weather to make it as far as Central Florida – these record breaking hot days are enough to make you want to stay home! But this is the time of year when there is so much to do around town. We hope you’ll be able to make some special plans with your spouse this week! If nothing else – you could go out for ice cream! 🙂
- 8th Annual “Taste of Thornton Park” – Thursday, October 15th 6p – 9p. Located on the corner of E. Washington Street and Hyer Avenue. Tickets at $25 in advance and $35 at the door.
- Monday Night Football at the Plaza Cinema and Cafe’ – Monday, October 12th. Come enjoy the game in the theater on the BIG SCREEN. Games start at 8:30p. FREE (Note: be sure to park in their parking garage located off Church St. and have it validated.)
- Jazz Jams at the Grand Bohemian’s Bosendorfer Lounge – Monday, October 12th. Enjoy live jazz from Don Black and Billy Hall.
- Double Date to see CATS – Andrew Lloyd Webber’s classic Broadway hit is coming to the Bob Carr Auditorium. For a limited time the Central Florida Zoo website is offering a deal for 4 tickets to see CATS for only $99. Visit their website for details! The show is from October 20th to 25th.
- Taste of Altamonte – Monday, October 12th 6p – 9p. at Uptown Altamonte. Come enjoy a night of great food and entertainment. Cost is $25 in advance and $30 at the door.
- Cinema in the Park – Friday, October 16th, 7:30p. Downtown Sanford hosts this last movie of the season. Featured movie: The Spiderwick Chronicles. 2008. Rated PG.
- Dancing in the Park – Saturday, October 17th in Downtown Mt. Dora from 7p – 10p. enjoy live music and dancing under the stars. Location: Donnelly Park – Corner of 5th Avenue and Donnelly Street. The cost is $10. For more information call 352-383-4833 or 352-735-7183.
- Oktoberfest – Saturday, October 17th 5p – 9p. in Avalon Park. FREE. Enjoy live German music and great food.
- Bandshell LIVE – Daytona Beach’s historic bandshell is offering free concerts every Friday night in October. The music begins at 6:30p and ends around 10p. There’s a Starbucks to the left and the ocean to the right – a perfect night to spend together. Can’t go this week? There are two more Fridays left in October – make your plans now.
- Boktoberfest Plant Sale – Saturday, October 17th from 9a – 5p. Admission to the Garden is FREE. There will be live music, great German food, and lots of plants to purchase and gardening advice for Florida Fall Gardening.
- Yalaha Bakery – If you’ve never been to Yalaha before, it’s worth the drive for lunch. On Saturday, October 17th from 11a – 1p they’ll be having a pumpkin carving contest. They offer a great deli with fresh baked goods too.
- Clermont is Celebrating it’s 125th Anniversary starting Saturday, October 17th and goes through October 25th. See site for all the festivities!