After today we only have four letters left in our Alphabet Date Night series. It has been a surprisingly fun journey, and one we’ll glean from for years to come. Now we have to decide what to replace this series with, and we want to hear from you!
We’re thinking of these three ideas: Passport Dates – exploring the world one date at a time, Colorful Dates – exploring the beauty of colors, or Our Personal Favorites. Have another idea other than these? We want to hear from you. Simply click the “comment” button located at the top of this post, and vote for one of these three or add your own idea. We’ll make our decision in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for your help!
Now onto this week’s letter:
- Vacation – plan a surprise vacation getaway – or plan a mini “stay at home” vacation by watching home DVD’s of a place you’d love to Visit some day and dine on their cuisine. For instance…Vienna, Austria would be a fun country to Visit Via teleVision! 🙂 Others to consider: Victoria Falls,
- Volleyball – play some one-on-one beach volleyball
- Valentine – celebrate this romantic holiday anytime of the year as an unexpected treat!
- Victory – watch a favorite sports game and celebrate when your team wins!
- View old photographs recounting the many joys you’ve shared.
- Video – make your own video of a date night location you both enjoy. Want to share it? Send it to us and maybe we’ll post it on our blog! 🙂
- Renew your vows to each other privately or somewhere with a beautiful View. Spend some time writing what you want to say and enjoy the intimacy this creates.
- Vietnamese Dinner
- Veal – this is a favorite specialty entree of mine for I had Veal Oscar on our first date!
- Vienna Sausages – just kidding! Those aren’t romantic at ALL!
- Vegetarian – Veggie pizzas are the best.
- Napa Valley Vineyards – plan an evening celebrating this beautiful part of the country.
- Make pancakes or waffles with Vermont Maple syrup as a way to introduce your “V” date night
- Penne ala Vodka – Rachel Ray makes this dish and says it’ll win the heart of any man or woman, depending on who’s cooking!
- Vanilla Ice Cream – spend an evening eating or sharing a cone or sundae.
“V” Special Touches
- Flowers – Violets
- Violin music
- Voila – Pronounced “wah-lah”. It’s French for “there it is”. Have fun with this word all evening long.
- Value – make a list together or separately of all the things you value as a couple or about your spouse. These can be material or not.
- Verse – write several verses expressing your love to your spouse as a way to introduce the night.