Tom and I have a tradition of doing something special each year for Christmas – whether it’s visiting a nearby town to tour their historic homes, or attending a special Christmas concert. We make it a point to mark our calendars off for a special time for us as soon as possible because our calendar fills up quickly with so many activities.
It is the most wonderful time of the year…and a great time to enjoy the special company of your spouse for romance and making memories. Central Florida is full of special things to do for every budget and interest. Plan now for a special time together. Here are some ideas of what you can do this week:
- A Week of Holiday Events in Winter Park – too many things to list here…click on this link for the great opportunities including: ice skating, cookies/cocoa/ and carols, classic movies in the park.
- Winter Park Playhouse – Beginning Saturday, December 5th “Haul Out The Holidays” will be the featured production. Check the website for ticket prices and showtimes. This show will run through December 20th.
- Lake Ivanhoe – First Friday on Ivanhoe Row – Shops open late – try dinner at the White Wolf Cafe, or Gargi’s Lakeside Italian Ristorante.
- Orlando Arena presents Trans-Siberian Orchestra’s Winter Tour 2009 – Saturday, December 5th with two shows at 3p and 8p. For tickets and more information click HERE.
- Uptown Altamonte – Friday Night Live on Friday, December 4th from 7p – 9p featuring the acoustic duo – Da Boys.
- Uptown Altamonte – Light Up The Holidays – Saturday, December 5th from 5p – 9p. FREE.
- Mount Dora – 18th Annual Christmas Walk on Friday, December 4th from 6p – 9p. Cost is FREE.
- Sanford – Christmas In The Square on Friday, December 4th from 6p – 8p. Cost is FREE. Afterwards have dinner at the Willow Tree Cafe.
- Sanford – The Sanford Historic Trust is offering two separate historic holiday home tours; the first is a Candlelight walking tour on Friday, December 4th from 6p – 9:30p. Tickets are $25 in advance. The second tour is offered on Saturday, December 5th from 11a to 4p. Tickets are $15.
- Avalon Park – Avalon Aglow on Saturday, December 5th from 4p – 9p. Cost is FREE.
- New Smyrna Beach – Christmas Parade and Boat Parade – Saturday, December 5th starting at 4p.
- Celebration – 12th Annual Holiday Tour of Homes. December 5th from 3p – 9p, and Sunday December 6th from 1p – 5p. Tickets are available one hour before tour times at the corner of Market Street and Celebration Avenue. Pre-sale tickets are available at the Barber and Beauty Emporium in Downtown Celebration. For more information contact Lisa Baird at 407-460-6983.
- Kissimmee – Arabian Nights Dinner Club – is offering a special buy one adult ticket and get one free. Call 407-352-9813 for more details.
- Winter Garden – Garden Theatre presents Jaime Roberts Holiday Cabaret from Friday, December 4th through the 6th. Friday and Saturday show begins at 8p, Sunday at 2p. Cost is $22, $18 for Sunday’s matinee.
- Holidays In The Garden – Downtown Winter Garden is hosting a weekend of Holiday festivities. Check the link for details.
- Light Up Clermont – On Friday, December 4th and Saturday, December 5th enjoy a great celebration with lots to choose from for a memorable time together. Cost is FREE.