Happy New Year! 2010 has arrived and with it the anticipation of a fresh start. What areas would you like to see change in your marriage this year? Maybe it’s finances, communication, romance, conflict resolutions, etc. We’re here to help whatever the goal, and we’d love to hear from you in order to serve you better. Have an idea? Please take a moment to share it with us. Somehow making goals and writing them down gives weight to our convictions. Imagine sharing those convictions with us, and you’re even more likely to follow through.
Now it’s time to think about what things are happening in our area this week and make plans for a special time with your spouse.
- Orlando Philharmonic featuring Itzhak Perlman at the Bob Carr Performing Arts Center. Sunday, January 10th at 4p. Although the concert is SOLD OUT, you might be able to secure tickets using Craig’s List.
- Winter Park Playhouse Theatre presents A New York-style Cabaret featuring singer Natalie Cordone. Tickets for this inaugural show are $15 and include one drink with the show. Performances are Friday, January 8th and Saturday, January 9th – doors open at 7p.
- Mt. Dora Florida Highway Man Art Show and Sale – Friday, January 8th there will be a “Meet and Greet” the artists from 6p – 8p. at the Historic Train Station located in Downtwon Mt. Dora. Light refreshments will be served and the cost is FREE.
- Saturday, January 9th, the art show mentioned above begins from 11a – 5p. at the Donnelly Building in beautiful downtown Mt. Dora. Admission is FREE.
- Downtown Eustis – Street Fest New Year’s Party on Friday, January 8th from 6p – 10p. Located on Main Street the festival is FREE.
- De Leon Springs State Park – Civil War Encampment January 9th and 10th from 9a to 4p. Get there early and plan to have breakfast at the Old Spanish Sugar Mill Restaurant where you cook your pancakes right in the middle of table. If you’ve never done this it’s a lot of fun and afterward you’ll have a beautiful park to explore together.
- International Drive – why not spend an evening checking out what’s new in this touristy area of Orlando. The I-Trolley provides unlimited rides for $4 per person, and you don’t have to worry about traffic and parking. For a list of ideas of what to see and do check out their Visitor’s Guide.
- Lake Wales – Bok Tower Gardens features Edward Bok Memorial Carillon Concert – Enjoy half-hour carillon concerts at 1 & 3 p.m. in honor of Gardens’ founder Edward W. Bok, one of America’s most inspiring men. He died January 9, 1930, less than a year after his beloved Singing Tower was dedicated. Free with admission to the Gardens.
- Clermont – Lakeridege Winery presents it’s Winter Music Series on Saturday, January 9th from 1p – 4p. The musicians selected are all fantastic performers, hand-picked from the wealth of talent located throughout Central Florida. Lakeridge wine, soft drinks and a variety of food is available for purchase, along with complimentary Winery tours and tasting.