It is raining as I write this post. I love it when it rains – the air smells cleaner and it’s usually cooler (something always appreciated in Florida). It often rains in the Spring in order to water the seeds that have fallen to the ground from the blossoming trees! Jesus often used nature to hone in on important Truths to His listening disciples. Watering is necessary to insure new growth in all plant life. So, too, it is necessary for us to receive fresh water in our relationship in order to promote growth in health and godliness.
What does watering look like in the marriage relationship? I would suggest it’s taking time to notice growth in each other – evidences of God’s grace. It’s also making time to be together – purposing to strengthen your relationship, not just “going out on a date”. Sure, we can go out and have a great time together, but unless we’re purposing to talk and relate to each other as husband and wife, we’re missing out on great opportunities together.
So, as you peruse our list of what’s happening around town – remember to make the most of your time together. This will result in great fruitfulness in the years to come.
Watering the vine produces deeper roots, which produces sweeter and more mature fruit.
- Winter Park Playhouse presents Golf, The Musical on Friday, Saturday and Sunday – times and prices vary.
- Downtown Orlando – SAK Comedy Lab at CityArts Factory presents Hillarity for Charity on Wednesday, April 21st from 6p – 8:30p. Cost is $25.
- Orlando Greek Fest – Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church presents authentic Greek cuisine and entertainment. Friday, April 23rd – Sunday, April 25th. Cost is $3.
- Lake Eola Park – Earth Day Celebration – Saturday, April 24th from 10a – 6p. FREE.
- Lake Eola Park – Orlando Turkish Festival – Sunday, April 25th from 12p – 7p
- College Park – Taste of College Park 2010 will be Thursday, April 22nd at the Dubsdread Golf Club from 6p – 9:30p. Cost is $50 in advance and $55 at the door.
- Eustis – Main Street Downtown Cruise-In on Saturday, April 24th from 5p – 9p. FREE
- Apopka Art and Foliage Festival – Saturday, April 24th and Sunday, April 25th. Kit Land Nelson Park. FREE.
- Uptown Altamonte – Friday Night Live presents Stir Crazy featuring Al Morse. Friday, April 23rd from 7p – 9p. FREE
- Uptown Altamonte – Israel Independence Day Celebration – Sunday, April 25th from 3p – 8p. FREE.
- Mt. Dora – Taste of Mt. Dora with a Centennial Theme on Sunday, April 25th from 5p – 8p. Tickets are $35 in advance, $40 at the door.
- New Smyrna Beach – Flagler Avenue Food Festival on Thursday, April 22nd from 5p – 9p.
- Baldwin Park – Smooth Jazz Under The Stars – Saturday, April 24th from 5p – 10p. Tickets are $20.
- Lake Wales – Bok Tower Gardens presents “Star Gaze at Bok” on Saturday, April 24th from 6p – 11p. Cost is $5.
- Kissimmee – Hunter’s Creek SpringFest Community Event on Sunday, April 25th from 2p – 6p. FREE.
- Loew’s Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal presents Harbor Nights Primavera on Friday, April 23 at 6:30p.