Mother’s Day has come and gone for another year reminding us how quickly time passes. We enjoyed a relaxing afternoon at the beach with all our children and grandchildren, even though early Sunday Tom awoke with the worst migraine he’s had in years. This forced us to alter our plans a little bit, but he was determined to bless me on this day regardless of the pain he was experiencing. Amazing!
This is why we are passionate about the importance of romancing our spouses. Life is hard. We face unexpected setbacks, yet underneath it all are the everlasting arms of our Savior and the heart of our spouse to support us every step of the way. This is marriage as God intended, and it glorifies HIM, because left to ourselves we wouldn’t care about anyone else!
Why not make plans for a special night out this week? Here’s what’s happening around town:
First of all – there is nothing more romantic than enjoying the sounds of live jazz. Click here to find out where local artists are playing!
- Winter Park – Popcorn Flicks in the Park on Thursday, May 13th beginning at 8p. The movie is The Treasure of the Sierra Madre. FREE.
- Downtown Orlando – Star Wars in Concert at the Amway Arena – Saturday, May 15th. Two performances 3p and 7:30p. Ticket prices vary.
- Winter Park – Casa Feliz presents Music at the Casa every Sunday afternoon from 12p – 3p. This week playing is Peter Thatcher Jazz Guitar. FREE.
- Uptown Altamonte – Friday Night Live presents The Robert Harris Group on Friday, May 14th from 7p – 9p. FREE.
- Uptown Altamonte – Weddings Around the World on Sunday, May 16th from 1p – 4p.
- Mt. Dora – Movie In The Park – Friday, May 14th at dusk. Featured movie is Hotel for Dogs. FREE.
- Sanford -Alive After Five presents, Sanford De Mayo, on Thursday, May 13th. Cost is $7 per person.