When Tom and I were about to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, I had no idea what to get him that would match such a momentous event in our lives. A small gift seemed so insignificant; he had, after all, managed to live with and love me for 25 straight years! Quite an accomplishment, I must say! I decided to give him 25 romantic days throughout the coming year. It sounded easy – on paper, until I realized this was actually a commitment to one day every other week for a year!! What was I thinking? How would I pull it off?
It was then when I discovered the many things around town that are available for creative and unique date nights. I had no idea of all the events we had been missing. There really was (and is) a world at our fingertips, and I have the feeling this is true in most large cities. All it requires is taking the time to research. I managed to complete my year long gift to Tom, and we have so many wonderful memories as a result.
Now, for your convenience, we try to provide you each week with an smorgasbord of what’s happening around town. Romance is as easy as picking and choosing what will work for you! Kind of like a romantic cafeteria, if you will. We pray you’ll enjoy your fill of romance whether it’s a night out on the town, or a quiet evening at home.
- Downtown – Rockin’ Lake Eola on Friday, June 18th from 5p – 11p.
- Downtown – Lake Eola presents The World Winery Tour Event on Saturday, June 19th from 4p – 7p. Tickets are $29 in advance, $40 at the door.
- Winter Park – Fiddler’s Green Irish Pub – Enjoy watching the World Cup Games on the 7 large HD screens. Check out the schedule HERE!
- Harry P. Leu Gardens – Fathers are admitted into the gardens FREE on Father’s Day, June 20th.
- Altamonte Springs – Cranes Roost Park – Friday, June 18th – Jazz Jams Uptown beginning at 8p. FREE.
- The Plaza Theatre on Bumby – Friday, June 18th – Arturo Sandoval performing live. Concert begins at 8p. Tickets $25 and up.
- New Smyrna Beach – Thursday, June 17th – Seaside Fiesta from 5p – 9p. FREE.
- Avalon Park – Timber Creek High School Performing Arts Center presents The Sound of Music on Friday, June 18th (7:00p), Saturday, June 19th (2:00p & 7:30p) and Sunday, June 20th (3:00p) Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 at the door.
- Sleuth’s Mystery Dinner Theater presents A Limousine Scavenger Hunt. Saturday, June 19th from 5p – ?. Spend four hours in a five-star luxury stretch limousine for teams of 8 people and stretch SUV’s for teams of 12 – 16. Travel throughout Orlando to visit locations, find objects, and complete tasks. Cost is $75.
- Bar Louie Tavern & Grill – Every Tuesday is $1 Burger Night. A great chance to eat out for less!
- Winter Garden Village – Saturday, June 19th – Summer Solstice Astronomy Night and Telescope Workshop. From 6p – 7:30p. outside Barnes & Noble weather permitting. FREE.
- Clermont – Lakeridge Winery hosts their Annual Harvest Festival from Friday, June 18th through Sunday, June 20th. Event will be from 10a – 5p. except Sunday it starts at 11a. Cost is $2.