It’s 10a., and I just finished breakfast! Needless to say, I’m off to a very slow start this week. I’m sure most of you enjoyed a full weekend, like we did – celebrating the wonderful Dad’s in our lives. On top of this – Tom had a difficult time getting home from a business trip the end of last week. He felt as if he were stuck in a combination of two movies: Planes, Trains and Automobiles and Terminal. We won’t bore you with all the details, but suffice it to say, it’s sometimes best just to keep things the way they’re planned. 🙂 It keeps one from so many unnecessary stresses.
Today is Summer Solstice – the day when the sun is at it’s highest in the sky! A great time to plan a Sizzlin’ Summer Date. Or you can choose from what’s happening around Central Florida this week:
- Downtown – Rockin’ Lake Eola on Friday, June 25th from 3p – 11p. FREE. This event runs every Friday through Sept. 3rd.
- Winter Park – Music at the Casa on Sunday, June 27th from 12p – 3p. FREE.
- Uptown Altamonte presents Friday Night Live on June 25th from 8p – 10p. FREE.
- Mt. Dora – Renningers Chili Cook-Off – Sunday, June 27th 8a. to 5p. Cost is $2, or $10 if you would like to be a judge in the People’s Choice Award. This is sure to be a tasty event!
- Titusville – TitusNights, a Bacchus Event will be held on Friday, June 25th from 6p. to 9p. on Mariner Way and Main Street.
- Kissimmee – Old Town – The Pepsi-Cola Friday Night Cruise on June 25th. Starting at 9p. Enjoy live music and lots of classic cars from 1973 – 1987. FREE.